JB hifi logitech remote deal

1 hour ago, evil c said:

Well that was a waste of time!

Went to the Glen and supposedly had 2 in stock but zero found - so sent me to Forest hill and after grabbing one and going to checkout they asked for the coupon number.

Even though I am a member with 2 email addresses registered, it seems you have to tick signing up for special deals so I'm ineligible.

Grrrrrr!!!!

Only way to get one is if someone who received an emailed deal, and isn't getting the remote would very kindly send me a copy of the coupon.

Just received the all important coupon number from a generous member so will keep fingers crossed I don't get another store nazi !

Cheers @Cardiiiii :thumb:

• Like 5

These often are on sale. Search on Oz Bargain. After I couldn’t wait for a sale and bought my first for $300, I bought a second one from office works for $180 in August last year. Then I sold it for $80 to somone I owed $100 for a Consonance powerboard.

You can only have one hub work with Alexa at a time, so you can’t have two set ups with a hub each.

It’ll turn the TV on if I ask Alexa to from wherever, but if you don’t turn it off using Alexa the next time you ask it to turn on it ignores you. (In fact, you have to ask it to turn it off to turn it on... confusing and a bit stupid.)

It also really struggles to remember sequences, like turn on TV, go to NAS, go down three times, select Kids shows etc. 

• Administrator

That's great value if you're comfortable using your phone or smart device to control it.

I still prefer a dedicated remote, in-hand. It's a premium price to pay for that though over the Hub.

11 minutes ago, XOTIC said:

I was going to prefer one also but the hub is better suited for myself, good deal on these  for $100 limited offer .. 

https://www.harveynorman.com.au/logitech-harmony-hub.html

Awesome deal.

Only issue with the phone is that it’s not always on and loaded to the right app.

Cheaper versions of the remote ($30 or $60 versions) might be compatible with the hub. Those versions also have the advantage of not having to be charged in a cradle all the time.

I just realised that I actually still use my tv remote for tv and Elektra  remote for stereo volume. So not really using the harmony at all!

• Like 1

Awesome deal.

Only issue with the phone is that it’s not always on and loaded to the right app.

Cheaper versions of the remote ($30 or $60 versions) might be compatible with the hub. Those versions also have the advantage of not having to be charged in a cradle all the time.

I just realised that I actually still use my tv remote for tv and Elektra  remote for stereo volume. So not really using the harmony at all!
You obviously need more devices to enrich your life ! [emoji6]

Well after a lot of stuffing around just got the Harmony elite , (has a nice ring to it!) Now the fun part begins.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, evil c said:

You obviously need more devices to enrich your life ! emoji6.png

Well after a lot of stuffing around just got the Harmony elite , (has a nice ring to it!) Now the fun part begins.

Don't let guests near your remotes.  They'll do your head in with them...   ?

1 hour ago, evil c said:

Now the fun part begins.

One tip. When you program it, or your son does,  the number of seconds in between commands is important. Less pauses means it works faster, but it is also more likely to stuff up. 

• Like 1

Well that was a waste of time!
Went to the Glen and supposedly had 2 in stock but zero found - so sent me to Forest hill and after grabbing one and going to checkout they asked for the coupon number.

Even though I am a member with 2 email addresses registered, it seems you have to tick signing up for special deals so I'm ineligible.
Grrrrrr!!!!

Only way to get one is if someone who received an emailed deal, and isn't getting the remote would very kindly send me a copy of the coupon.

Should have gotten in touch mate. M
  • Like 1

I set one of these Logitech’s up for some older customers a few years back. All new av system mixed in with a couple of vintage items, one of which was a German Nordmende VCR. this thing had to be 40 years old but, Logitech had it in its database and voila! The remote worked with it. Remarkable.

• Like 2

I have a older/cheaper version of this remote, with the hub.  Picked it up when Dick Smith still had brick and mortar stores (shows how old it is).

As others have said, with the macros and access to remote codes for many many devices it is easy to setup.  My better half is quite happy with it as well.

I also have the app installed on my phone.  I had fun with the grand kids by changing channels on the Fetch box while in another room.  I can also use it to turn down the volume down from the master bedroom when the better half falls asleep in front of the TV :) 

Edited by Jeffwbrown