JB hifi logitech remote deal

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

How is $287 for a remote a bargain ???

Am I missing something 

Because retail is $449.95.

And yes, I just bought one LAST NIGHT after checking JB and they were at full retail yesterday. Arghhh!

• Administrator

Have you used the Harmony Elite? It's by far the most intuitive remote I have ever used.

It's a fraction of the price of high-end remote/control systems (Elan, URC etc). It works and works very well.

If you don't understand it, perhaps you shouldn't criticise it at the first instance. Why don't you go visit the website or watch some videos on what can be done with it, first?

It's my second one, and at less than $300 for what is normally closer to $450, yes it is a bargain.

• Like 1

• Volunteer
12 minutes ago, Marc said:

Have you used the Harmony Elite? It's by far the most intuitive remote I have ever used.

It's a fraction of the price of high-end remote/control systems (Elan, URC etc). It works and works very well.

If you don't understand it, perhaps you shouldn't criticise it at the first instance. Why don't you go visit the website or watch some videos on what can be done with it, first?

It's my second one, and at less than $300 for what is normally closer to $450, yes it is a bargain.

Who’s criticising? I asked if I was missing something and you’ve pointed out that I am. 

I’ve learnt something, thanks ?

Edited by Sir Sanders Zingmore
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, Marc said:

Because retail is $449.95.

And yes, I just bought one LAST NIGHT after checking JB and they were at full retail yesterday. Arghhh!

Geez I hate that.  Surely they'd help you out and refund the difference, or a warranty return then new purchase online... 

• Administrator

My application:

Watch TV > Automatically turns TV on, turns AVR on and sets correct input, turns Fetch Box on, dims lights to 50%. Allows for volume setting (on AVR) and Channel Changes (on Fetch box).

Watch Movie > Turns on Projector, Turns on AVR and sets correct input, Turns on Stereo Pre Amp (for front speakers), Controls Plex/Apple TV.

Listen to Music > Turns everything off except Stereo Preamp, Turns on 2-channel sources, changes light setting to selected scene, allows me to control source player (one device) and allows me to change volume on Preamp.

Some of these devices are behind closed doors. The hub picks up the command and rebroadcasts it inside the cabinet.

That's the simplified version of what its doing. I have other macros and scenes etc too.

$287 to do all of that, from just one remote control that is simpler than ever to program is a steal!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, cafe67 said:

image.jpeg

outstanding bargain ! very much appreciate the heads up cafe, missed the coupon code notification in the mail some how but have grabbed it and clicked and will collect one tomorrow. been using harmony for some 15 years ! while the one I use is an antique it makes my combined 2ch / av system even with its relative complexity -  childs play literally with my daughter right from as a toddler being able to operate it. look forward to this one. my old harmony though a beauty with its touch screen though still works is old enough to be pensioned :D will slowly move across to this one over time :) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Even at a 40% off how, is $287 for a remote a bargain ???

Am I missing something 

No you're not missing something. I thought the same thing, I refuse to pay $100 for a remote.

But I don't have an AV system so my point is moot.

Edited by Batty
  • Like 1

• Administrator

That's fair enough. It's what value something offers you that justifies the price.

I once thought I would never pay $1500 for a phone, but its invaluable to me so the price is justified.

Like Al, another criteria for us is that my wife and kids can use aspects of the system. Watching a movie on the projector for example while I am away.

They literally have to press one button on the remote to do so now and it all happens automagically. 

That alone is worth the stress I can avoid by not receiving a phone call at some ridiculous hour while I am overseas working and having to explain how to do it all. 

"No not that box with the blue light, the other one!".

• Like 1

In your situation Marc, it would seem to be money well spent, I still have not spent over $1000 on a phone :) but to me it is just a phone with a handy camera, so again horses for courses.

I did however spend $1000 on a tablet, now that the hifi has more wifi things going on I can use it as a controller etc, yes, I could do it with the phone but I can't watch videos on a 5" screen and control apps have small buttons, at my advanced years eyesight is failing and I have FFS (fat finger syndrome).

Enjoy your remote.

That's fair enough. It's what value something offers you that justifies the price.
I once thought I would never pay $1500 for a phone, but its invaluable to me so the price is justified.

Like Al, another criteria for us is that my wife and kids can use aspects of the system. Watching a movie on the projector for example while I am away.
They literally have to press one button on the remote to do so now and it all happens automagically. 

That alone is worth the stress I can avoid by not receiving a phone call at some ridiculous hour while I am overseas working and having to explain how to do it all. 
"No not that box with the blue light, the other one!".
Sounds like a perfect solution for me with some 10 remotes in the mix!
However the programming required for such a multitude of devices sounds daunting!
I really should bite the bullet and buy one - then call al for help later . [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, evil c said:

Sounds like a perfect solution for me with some 10 remotes in the mix!
However the programming required for such a multitude of devices sounds daunting!
I really should bite the bullet and buy one - then call al for help later . emoji38.png

with your combined setup now should get it evil. my wife is in IT and 16 years ago couldnt stand the amount of remotes needed to get around the system. she used to say, I deal with the tech and stuff and work I dont need to deal with it all at home as well :D harmony sorted that and we have a remote draw where all the remotes have retreated to since :D 

I'll be taking it slowly slowly with the new one. ie keep using the old while getting the new one upto speed and finessed ... so down expect me to be much of a help line for a while hehe

• Administrator

Confession. This is my 2nd Harmony Elite.

The first one in the living room my wife programmed! It's really that easy on the new platform they've created for the Harmony Elite.

Meanwhile, I programmed one of the older ones you plug into the computer last week and it was PITA, particularly for Mark Levison gear which isn't in their product database. I'll be surprised if you can't program it, Clive.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, betty boop said:

with your combined setup now should get it evil. my wife is in IT and 16 years ago couldnt stand the amount of remotes needed to get around the system. she used to say, I deal with the tech and stuff and work I dont need to deal with it all at home as well :D harmony sorted that and we have a remote draw where all the remotes have retreated to since :D 

I'll be taking it slowly slowly with the new one. ie keep using the old while getting the new one upto speed and finessed ... so down expect me to be much of a help line for a while hehe

So I'm expected to get one then  " fumble blindly through the mist "as it were! 

After all I've done for you! (there must be something surely!?? :ermm:

Oh well, I'll just get one of my techie sons to help - shouldn't cost more than a $50 !

2 minutes ago, Marc said:

Confession. This is my 2nd Harmony Elite.

The first one in the living room my wife programmed! It's really that easy on the new platform they've created for the Harmony Elite.

Meanwhile, I programmed one of the older ones you plug into the computer last week and it was PITA, particularly for Mark Levison gear which isn't in their product database. I'll be surprised if you can't program it, Clive.

edit: hang on looks like a pep talk was all I needed !

Cheers @Marc :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well that was a waste of time!

Went to the Glen and supposedly had 2 in stock but zero found - so sent me to Forest hill and after grabbing one and going to checkout they asked for the coupon number.

Even though I am a member with 2 email addresses registered, it seems you have to tick signing up for special deals so I'm ineligible.

Grrrrrr!!!!

Only way to get one is if someone who received an emailed deal, and isn't getting the remote would very kindly send me a copy of the coupon.

• Like 1