Great electric guitar solos in music!

catman

3 minutes ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

This one was written in honour of Jimi. Bear in mind keyboard player David Sancious took up the guitar less than 4 years prior to recording this.

I have that record album 

Gotta listen to it in more detail ??

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sime V2 said:

The solo at the end of Dream Theater’s “The best of Times” is probably my favorite heartfelt guitar solo. 

I am always amused (actually pissed off)when people criticise Petrucci for not playing with "feeling" simply  because he can play 9000 notes a second. This and Hollow Years (and others) demonstrate his ability to mix melody, taste and virtuosity. I haven't heard too many others who can actually do that as consistently.

2 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

This one was written in honour of Jimi. Bear in mind keyboard player David Sancious took up the guitar less than 4 years prior to recording this.

This is a very enjoyable album which I discovered when posted on this site. Which made me buy it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sime V2 said:

@crisis Petruci is one of the most emotive soloists I know of. 

Here’s a video I took back in the day, excuse the sound, it was recorded on a Nokia ?

Hope you got a new phone. ?   The "bass" sounded like one of those DJs doing a remix ?

Guitar was clear though and thats all that was needed. Awesome.

I found the same with Via who used to cop it the same way. I think I've seen him live about three times and have many G3s and live DVDs. He can do anything on a guitar and emotion is included. With Via so is an incredible sense of humor. He is probably the only guitarist I smile/ laugh at because as someone who  wanted to and couldn't I get the joke. Long live shred! ?

Edited by crisis

33 minutes ago, Batty said:

Isley Brothers, the full version of Summer Breeze.

Great album too.

Who's That Lady is prime Ernie Isley too. Would like to see more live from this period.

Speaking of Isleys ..... how do we not have Hendrix all over the thread yet.  I'll nominate Voodoo Chile ( Slight Return ).

11 hours ago, enikoy said:

I'm not known for negative posts, and I love Hendrix and Clapton, but...... YAWN ?

11 hours ago, Batty said:

Maybe anything was a bit too far.

When I was younger I didn't really get Hendrix. Then I tried to play guitar.. You have to put Hendrix in context of when he played for a start. Then try to actually listen as a guitarist, well I did, and it starts too make sense. Consider he  is also singing and some of the early recordings were not multi tracked. He tends to play a lot of stuff that he makes sound easy, but isn't. Its quite impressive.

Edited by crisis
  • Like 1