Different cartridge bayonet mounting

This is the first time I found a headshell doesn't fit a standard bayonet tonearm. The headshell is jelco and it has 2 pin. The tonearm is an acid lustre 510. I've got 2 of the same tonearm and one fit and one doesn't. This is how the one doesn't fit looks. It does however work with my old one pin grace headshell.

Question is was there multiple bayonet mounting? 

IMG_20190113_083051.jpg

IMG_20190113_083839.jpg

Edited by mloutfie

1 hour ago, Colin Rutter said:

I have a 510 and the pin is aligned so the headshell is level across the record

There is actually screw to fix azimuth in the 510. Interestingly my second 510 handles 2 pin headshell fine

You are right
I obtained the nos 510 a few months back
I hadn't noticed the lower slot
Perhaps that's for experimenting with the headshell up side down [emoji6]

There is actually screw to fix azimuth in the 510. Interestingly my second 510 handles 2 pin headshell fine

35 minutes ago, Colin Rutter said:

I forgot to ask
Where is the screw to adjust azimuth
Thought I should ask before pulling it off the Orpheus

If you see my first picture it's the screw right before the head shell with a plastic washer. it's limited movement but it's enough

On 15/01/2019 at 12:09 PM, Wimbo said:

I've had three Jelcos including the wood and they all fitted. Only problem was tracking angles. But this was on a Tokyo Sound ST14.

that is with 2 pin I assume. Well like I said I have 2 of the same tonearm and one does fit 2 pin head shell which makes me wonder why the other wont fit'it's not like you can bend this thing nor it can be incorrectly manufactured since they would all be coming from one mould

Edited by mloutfie