EXPIRED: RELIST: Planar XScreen 80” projector screen with stand PRICE DROP

Item: Planar XScreen 80” projector screen with stand on castors
Price: $250 all included  (over $4000 at the time of purchase)
Item Condition: very good, very few marks what so ever. Still has plastic lining the picture frame

Reason for selling: Getting a larger screen in the new house

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (+ fees), bank transfer, COD Only
Extra Info:  This was the Rolls Royce screen at the time I bought it.  Suitable for low medium light as well as a dark cinema room, it uses Daytime Screen Technology and displays well even with the lights on.  It has a 4mm layer of hardened glass behind the screen surface and provides an absolutely flat screen, appearing like a plasma or other flat screen TV.

I have had a movable stand made for it, which I am including, but you can also mount it to the wall.  Lots of options given its strength and rigidity.

I have the original box for it but given its size this is a pick up item only.

From SoundandVision 2007:

"At the core of the Xscreen is a high-gain, but highly directional, silvery screen. The point of this is to reflect as much light as possible from the projector but not the ambient room light (like a regular screen).

To test this, I set up the Xscreen in our lab in front of our regular screen. Then, obviously, I projected an image on it. Just by dropping the Xscreen, I could see what the same-size image looked like on our normal 1.0-gain screen. Most readily apparent is the increase in brightness. The Xscreen was roughly three times brighter than our normal 1.0-gain screen. With the projector we were using, this resulted in around 94 foot-Lamberts versus 31 ft-L with the 1.0-gain screen. With the lights off, the black level was also about three times higher.

With the lights on, however, an interesting thing happened. With a white field, the brightness on the Xscreen stayed almost the same, but, on the regular screen, it came up a little less than 10 percent (which, in this case, isn’t good, as it’s just reflected room light). With a 0-IRE black field, it was far more interesting. The black field on the Xscreen was actually 20 percent darker than it was on the 1.0-gain screen. It was doing just as it was advertised: It was blocking more of the ambient light than a regular screen.

What this means is that the contrast ratio, on the 1.0-gain screen and the lights on, was a measly 57:1. On the Xscreen with the lights on, it was a far more watchable 194:1. With the lights off, this same projector measured over 8000:1, so the Xscreen can't work miracles, but it's doing quite a lot to make the image watchable in direct light."

IMG_0240[1].JPG

IMG_0238[1].JPG

IMG_0244[1].JPG

IMG_0250[1].JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...