Snoopy8

Annoying SNA pop-up

5 minutes ago, Marc said:

When I figure out how to do that, or have the resources to hire a programmer who can do that, I will.

That would be the better solution, user selected publication, nice.

Thanks.

Admin

You have to look at this from a usability aspect too.

Eg. AU Edition writes a review on Brand A. Brand A shares this review on their social media page (linking to AU Edition).

The reader has been to StereoNET before and sets their region to UK Edition. They now can't see the review without jumping through hoops to get back to the AU Edition.

You see, there are often more considerations than perhaps obvious.

At the moment, all you need to do is one click within 12 hours. Maybe I'll extend it to 24 in the meantime, but the point is the system we have now ticks a lot of boxes with only a very minor inconvenience to the less than 18% of our international visitors. Going further, I'd guess only a very small fraction of that 18% are actually active forum contributors (and reading the site multiple times per day).

So while yes I do take the feedback on board, I'm considering it from all angles, and I'll always work to the best solution for the majority of readers.

thank you @Marc. as you know a lot of NZers frequent this site as if it were our own. once a day for the pop-up will be fine.

I agree.. the pop up is fine, much better then a force redirect.  

Bugger, enabling VPN on Opera browser brings up pop up. 😭