Eskay

Speakers for my naim system

I would make sure you have a listen to the PMC speakers and see if you like them.
I listened to the twenty 5 range and only really liked the Twenty 5 26.
I don’t recall what they were paired with but I found them way too bright.
I so wanted them to be amazing and suit the sound I like but they just didn’t do it for me.
I would love to hear them again paired up to different equipment.
Not sure what the general Naim sound is as I’ve had no experience with it.
What kind of sound are you searching for?

I found a pair of speakers which I really liked the sound of with my Naim- dont laugh,but they were a pair of Canton Chrono 526 speakers on stands. Very well finished, and too me very good. I might buy them.

Any thoughts on Canton speakers?

I found a pair of speakers which I really liked the sound of with my Naim- dont laugh,but they were a pair of Canton Chrono 526 speakers on stands. Very well finished, and too me very good. I might buy them.   Any thoughts on Canton speakers?

If they sound good to you then go for it.I’m sure they would be well designed and made; being a German company behind it.

For that sort of money you could move them on later and not lose a fortune.

Part of the enjoyment I think is experimenting with different speakers and working out what you love.

Spending year or so with speakers let’s you know what you like and don’t like.

I spent a couple of years with some NHT Classic 3’s on stands at a similar value.

Great value speaker and reasonably well made.

I think I may sell them soon but enjoyed them.

Onto some Kef R7’s now.

I know at some point I would like to own speakers from the following brands, Devore, Harbeth and audio note.

Something just sounds organic, musical and enjoyable when I hear them.

I like a speaker to mesmerise you.

What about these speakers listed in the Classifieds scetion. If you like the Sonus Faber house sound, then these would be very similar at a fraction of the cost!!

All the best with your shopping. I’m late to the party here but I have Focal Aria 906 Bookshelf’s (Focal and Naim are the same company nowadays) paired with a 140/42.5 and Hicap and Rega RP3. Sound wise there’s plenty of detail and dimensions are good etc. I wouldn’t mind a touch more base but overall it’s a very nice setup and I admittedly took a complete chance on the speakers buying them online before listening. If money were no object I would auditioned Harbeth and Proac. This past week I joined a friend shopping who was up for spending up to $1500; we walked away with a pair of ELAC bookshelf 6.2 for $600 and this after auditioning b&w, elac floorstanders, dynaudio, vintage energy and tannoys.

Thanks one and all for your advice and opinions.

After thinking about it I am going to purchase the canton 526's tomorrow.

Again, thanks everyone.