Sign in to follow this  
Audionerd

SOLD: FS: DYNAUDIO CONFIDENCE C2 MK II SPEAKERS

Item: Dynaudio Confidence C2 Mk II Floorstanding Speakers in Piano Black
Price: $7800 (Reduced by $1,000 from original listing)
Item Condition: Excellent including crates for safe transport
Reason for selling: Funds needed to pay debts. Withdrew these from sale, as I was getting fed up with low ballers and put my Magico S3s on the market. I need to sell one or the other pair. Please bear in mind that I've already rejected an offer of $7500. Confidence C1 standmounts sell around $6K so these have to be worth the asking price, being around twice the price at RRP.
Payment Method: Cash, bank transfer or Paypal
Extra Info: Stunningly tall and luxurious in premium piano black finish, demonstrating Dynaudio's game-changing "DDC" dispersion technology trickling down from their top models. Reviewers universally acknowledge their relaxed yet detailed presentation, wide and deep soundstage, coherent imaging and dynamics. As result of their unique driver placement and crossover technology, these large speakers are designed to work well in small or large rooms, with minimal interference from ceilings or floors. At less than half their new price and near faultless condition, they represent a bargain-priced entry into the best that Dynaudio has to offer. An end-game speaker for most music lovers.

Pictures: Just added a couple more photos

IMG_2003.JPG

IMG_1999.JPG

IMG_2007.JPG

IMG_2001.JPG

IMG_2004.JPG

IMG_2008.JPG

IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

IMG_2185.JPG

IMG_2184.JPG

Edited by Audionerd
Adding photos

Amazing speakers, the only things that might tempt me away from the amazing ML5 reference that I own. Valve runners, these are what you want. Blues- check. Female vocals- check. Jazz-check.

Baffling that these haven't moved. GLWTS.

Thanks mate.

Baffles me too, especially when C1s have sold without any trouble for not much less.

Maybe people think they're too tall. Ironically, they're specifically designed to avoid some of the problems that can occur with larger speakers in small rooms.

6 minutes ago, Audionerd said:

Thanks mate.

Baffles me too, especially when C1s have sold without any trouble for not much less.

Maybe people think they're too tall. Ironically, they're specifically designed to avoid some of the problems that can occur with larger speakers in small rooms.

Dimensions with feet/grill (W x H x D):420 x 1532 x 475mm

Nothing over the top at all.

One thing I look for in a good speaker is power handling, these babies have a recommendation of 300w.

No reason for these to not move very quickly very soon. End game speakers for <10k, in my opinion.

Nice Speakers, bet they sound great, price sounds very reasonable 

How much power do these speakers need to really sing, this is one of Speakers I want to own one day. Glws

I have a pair of C4’s and they are terrific speakers. If I didn’t have mine I would have snapped these up long ago.
Great price!

Having lived with C2s, I loved the height of them, it gave them their own statement presence in the room.
These are mk2 s as well, meaning they will sound better at lower volume listening. You really had to crank the mk1.
Amplification: the bigger the transiant swing the better, they love a powerful 200 watt poweramp 300 is better monos are going to be better again.
JC1 monos are suppose to be very good, Plinius, Classe as long as the quality of the amp chosen is equal to that of the C2 you would be right. These are a 4 ohm speaker so select an amp stable into 2 ohm and you would be fine.
Worth the money for mk2s

Just wanted to add one more thing: these have their transport crates!!!
They are worth $500 - $1,000 alone.
These could ship throughout Australia undamaged !!!

What are those amps on the ground?

The amps on the floor are Boulder M-850 mono blocks. Although the smallest of the Boulder monos, they are still quite powerful at 200W RMS (@2, 4 or 8 ohms, although they are not Class D). This doesn't mean that the Dyns are hard to drive at all, with an efficiency of around 89dB/W/m from memory. However, like all good speakers with high power handling and transient capability, they will respond to higher power amplification if available.

I would normally be running Magico S3s in this system ( Also listed for sale) rather than the Dyns, where the price point of the Boulders is more appropriate.

The important issue is more to do with how critical the speaker is, rather than mere efficiency. The Magicos are more demanding of amplifier quality than the Dyns, so they're well matched to the Boulders.

The Dyns will obviously benefit from the superior quality of these amps as well, but still perform exceptionally with a much more modest 100W integrated, while the Magicos would be very disappointing in such circumstances. Dynaudio deliberately created the C2 mk IIs to be amplifier and room friendly, knowing that not everyone has the ideal space or huge budget to suit.  

Edited by Audionerd
grammatical correction

The C1s sound great so I can only imagine what these sound like.

Price is great too.

I’m sure the right buyer will be very pleased  with these.

Wish I had room at home...

Edited by Tim D
Grammar

8 hours ago, Audionerd said:

An efficiency of around 89dB/W/m from memory. 

Taken from Dynaudio website (C2 Signature) which is identical.😁

Sensitivity: 87 dB (2,83 V/1 m) IEC Power Handling: 300 W Impedance: 4 Ohms Frequency Response:

28 Hz – 25 kHz (± 3 dB)

Thanks for your nice comments, Darren and others.

The C2 IIs are going to an existing Dynaudio owner, which is great because he knows what he's getting - the same plus a bit more!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cnnnnc
      Item: Dynaudio X44 Speakers
      Price: $3700 (now $3600)
      Item Condition: Excellent (as new)
      Reason for selling: Not Needed
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: This pair excellent speakers were purchased from an SNA member (per link below) for testing in my new room setup with my other speakers. The testing has finished and these are now available for the new owner. These speakers are just over 1 year old, still the current model and under warranty from a Sydney Audio dealer. Speakers come with original boxes should shipping required. Any question please let me know.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Douglas HiFi
      Item: Dynaudio Excite 14A Active Bookshelf Speakers (1pr only - Ex Display)
      Price: $1600/pr  - were $2599/pr srp
      Item Condition: Excellent - full Warranty
      Reason for selling: Finished Model / EOFY Clearance
      Payment Method: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, PayPal, Direct Deposit
      Extra Info: 
      One Pair in Black Only to clear at a very Special Price !

Dynaudio brings their many years of legendary active/powered professional studio monitor expertise into the home with the Excite X14A Active/Powered bookshelf speakers. Active speakers contain the amplifier modules as part of the speaker which of course means one less metal box of electronics is necessary... in the case of the Dynaudio X14A each driver has it's own dedicated and matched amplifier housed in the speaker - so a total of 4 perfectly matched amplifiers ensure that these speakers deliver sound in a very honest, revealing and truthful way with the smooth, non-fatiguing sound that Dynaudio is famous for. With (4x) 50W amplifiers and precisely tuned DSP the Excite X14A's will astonish you with the richness and depth of sound they create from such a compact speaker - all you need is a volume controlled source (Computer, DAC, DJ Mixer, mixing desk, pre-amp, Passive volume etc) and world class sound will be yours to enjoy.

The X14A utilises a bi-amped configuration to achieve the best results One 50 watt digital amplifier powers the bass/midrange driver while a second 50 watt digital amplifier powers the tweeter. An Excite X14A two-channel setup thus yields a highly capable 2 x 100 watt stereo system. Dynaudio has integrated the most advanced digital power amp modules and sophisticated DSP technology to complement the high quality soft dome tweeter and MSP (magnesium silicate polymer) long-throw woofer.
      The Excite X14A features three equalization switches that allow one to fine-tune the sonic 
      performance even further, for example when placing the speaker near a wall, corner, or free standing. The bass, midrange and treble can each be individually adjusted in three levels.
      The high-pass filter (60 or 80 Hz) allows one to optionally combine the Excite X14A with a subwoofer. 
      The rear panel features two analogue inputs to choose from, one RCA and one XLR. The input sensitivity can be individually adjusted in three levels. 
      The musical quality will be immediately apparent upon first listen: Clear and open, yet perfectly balanced and refined, with an impressively deep and tight bass performance for a loudspeaker
      this size. Sound staging and imaging between the two speakers is excellent thanks to the meticulous DSP fine tuning and optimisation of the digital amplification.

• By Gurnstar
      Item: DYNAUDIO CONTOUR 1.4 LE LIMITED EDITION SPEAKERS Bubinga piano lacquer
      Price:  2900 neg
      Item Condition: Excellent, As New
      Reason for selling:  Surplus
      Payment Method:  Cash, Paypal, EFT plus shipping 
      Extra Info:  As new, 1st owner purchased new from Denis White (Adelaide), hardly used,  balance warranty transferrable,  beautiful Bubinga piano Lacquer finish, outstanding sound quality and finish, Last of the series, Limited Edition. Original boxes and packaging.  Shipping at your cost.   New price was $5499.

More info here : 
      https://www.avconcept.com.au/product/dynaudio-contour-s-14-le-bubinga-bookshelf-speaker/

The Contour LE has been technically refined and further upgraded as well. The Dynaudio soft dome tweeter with Precision Coating provides fine, detailed high frequencies; while the internal wiring uses high-quality OFC copper cable. The crossover has been further refined by using special ceramic resistors and high quality capacitors, providing an exceptionally pure and refined music reproduction. The Contour woofers include the best Dynaudio technology such as MSP cones, extremely light aluminium wire voice coils on Kapton formers and rigid, low resonance die-cast aluminium baskets. The extremely stiff cabinet features a unique baffle. It consists of three layers, including a layer of damping material, and a thick metal plate. This construction effectively reduces cabinet resonance and allows excellent sound performance up to the highest volume levels. On this baffle the tweeter is positioned below the woofers to achieve ideal time alignment at the listening position.

Technical specifications
      Sensitivity: 85 dB (2,83 V/1 m) IEC Power Handling: 160 W Impedance: 4 Ohms Frequency Response: 41 Hz – 25 kHz (± 3 dB) Box Principle: Bass Reflex Rear Ported Crossover: 2 way   Crossover Frequency: 1900 Hz Crossover Slope: 6 dB/Octave Woofer: 17 cm MSP Tweeter: 28 mm soft dome Weight: 12.6 kg / 28 lbs Dimensions (W x H x D): 188 x 404 x 360 mm7.4 x 15.9 x 14.2″  

• By pdcoo7
      Item: Dynaudio 122C centre speaker
      Price: 350  250
      Item Condition: used
      Reason for selling: NLR due to renovations
      Extra Info:
      The  Audience 122C from Dynaudio is a great sounding centre speaker that does justice to their high end status. It is in excellent condition throughout. It’s build quality is exceptional and is very heavy.
      Postage will be offered at buyers cost if required.

• By tominmelb
      Item: DYNAUDIO EXCITE X16 bookshelf speakers in Rosenut (Free Chord cables)
      Price: $800.00 (Neg)
      Item Condition: Mint
      Reason for selling: To fund other purchases.
      Extra Info:  DYNAUDIO EXCITE X16 bookshelf speakers in beautiful real wood veneer.  Will throw in free Chord Carnival Classic speaker cables with Krix banana plugs.  Smoke and pet free home.