Addicted to music

NBN ISP decision time

1 hour ago, davewantsmoore said:

Indeed..... but Business 101 says charge as much money for as little as possible .... and they will do that, until too many customers leave.  Even the largest ISPs (who have the most scope to avoid it) let areas become congested, as long as they don't lose too many customers over it.

Yes, true.  I voted with my feet, but I don't think they even noticed...😭  Anyway, I hope they keep their practices up as they serve as my yardstick.

Just now, Addicted to music said:

nbn tech to attend the home, all porting would be done  outside the premises?   

Correct.  All the work is done outside the premises.    The tech will need to come inside though, and connect it all up, and confirm that it is working.

2 minutes ago, davewantsmoore said:

Correct.  All the work is done outside the premises.    The tech will need to come inside though, and connect it all up, and confirm that it is working.

That explains why the Aussie website asked to select a AM or PM throughout the week.   

Internode all the way. Happy to pay the extra as I've had nothing but excellent performance from them and get real Australian humans at the end of the phone when I call support.