Ozcall

CA's gorgeous new turntable at a realistic price

3 hours ago, stevoz said:

The 'marketers' don't make the actual product.....so I wouldn't worry about it.....and don't. Dumb marketers don't mean dumb designers and engineers.....that's where it counts.😎 As for buyers.....well, there's all sorts of those.😃

As for the use of the word 'vinyls', I think @buddyev, two posts ago, is spot on......🙂

The company signs off on the advertising that they pay good money for. If they can't see glaring errors then they can take a hike, they don't get any of my money.

16 hours ago, Hergest said:

Perhaps it's me but i would expect those that make swish, quality adverts for products to be able to use the correct word properly. Morons.

Your records are your prized possessions, so we include a detachable dust cover with the Alva TT to protect whatever your spinning.

There's more -

POM Platter

Complimenting the Direct Drive motor, the platter on the Alva TT is both dense and heavy. It’s made from Polyoxymethylene (POM), an high-tech engineering thermoplastic used in precision parts requiring high stiffness and excellent dimensional stability.

Sorry, but what's gorgeous?

A basic black plinth, black platter and garden variety Rega arm. 

Looking at the back it may well be just a derivative of the ubiquitous DD dj turntables available anywhere at a fraction of the price.

ron

15 hours ago, rondine said:

Sorry, but what's gorgeous?

A basic black plinth, black platter and garden variety Rega arm. 

Looking at the back it may well be just a derivative of the ubiquitous DD dj turntables available anywhere at a fraction of the price.

ron

I like the simplicity of it, clean lines just like the LP12. It looks well put together and may well be based on the Audio Technica ATLP5 but with a decent arm , the Rega.