Rockster

Rotel RT-12 Digital Gateway, DAC and Tuner

Item:  Rotel Digital Gateway, DAB+, Wireless Internet and FM Radio
Price: $495
Item Condition: Excellent, one owner, used in a dedicated music room, complete with all original accessories and packaging.
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

The RT-12 is an FM and DAB+ preset radio tuner and much more besides. By incorporating wireless and Ethernet network capabilities, the RT-12 can receive thousands of internet radio broadcasts, and play audio files stored on UPnP servers such as Windows computers. If your computer is home to a library of music files and you have wondered about playing them over your hi-fi, the RT-12 is your answer. The RT-12 boasts digital to analogue conversion based on the Wolfson WM8740 DAC chip to ensure that each digital source retains every last drop of musical quality, and it can serve as the wireless hub for the Rotel iPhone and iPad Remote app to control the entire hi-fi system.

Specifications:

Model: RT-12

FM Tuner -

Usable Sensitivity: 22.2dBf

50dB Quieting Sensitivity: 27.2dBf (mono)

Signal to Noise Ratio: (at 65 dBf) 63dBf (mono) 60dBf (stereo)

Harmonic Distortion: (at 65 dBf) 0.2% (mono) 0.3% (stereo)

Frequency Response: 10Hz-15kHz, ±3dB

Stereo Separation (100/1kHz/10kHz) 40dB/45dB/35dB

Output Level 1.0V

Antenna Input 75Ω unbalanced

DAB+ Tuner -

Sensitivity -80dBm

Tuning Range Band III 174-240MHz

Audio Data Rate 320Kbps (Max)

Frequency Response 20 - 20KHz +/- 1.0dB

Analogue Output 2.1V at 0dBFS

Antenna Input 75Ω F connector

Networks -

Network Connection 802.11b/g

Security WEP, WPA1 (TKIP) , WPA2 (TKIP)

File Formats (UPnP Music Server) AAC, MP3, WMA (except lossless), OGG

Vorbis, WAV, AIFF, FLAC and AU

General -

Power Consumption 16 Watts

Standby Power Consumption (Normal Mode) 0.5 Watts

Power Requirements (AC) 120V, 230V, 50Hz (Australia)

Weight (Net) 5.1kgs (11.24 lbs)

Dimensions (W x H x D) 430 x 93 x 330mm

Front Panel Height 80mm

Finish Black

Pictures:

RT12 1.jpg

RT12 2.jpg

RT12 3.jpg

RT12 4.jpg

RT12 5.jpg

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Audionutz
      Item: Audio GD Dac 19
      Price: $375.00 incl free shipping Australia Wide
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Too many Dacs
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal if buyer pays fees, COD Only
      Extra Info: Excellent USB Dac with Wolfson DAC, Dale & Vishnay Resistors with Wima Caps. 

Relisted with apologies to all for the initial incorrect description. Looks like I got "had" when I purchased it, as I was told it was a 1704 Burr Brown model. Never checked inside to confirm and assumed it was the same as the other one I'd owned, which looked identical externally. 

That'll teach me not to do my due diligence ......  

Thanks to those hawk eyed watchers who spotted the error!

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/NFB-2/NFB2EN.htm

Pictures:

• By Ron12
      Is this happening anywhere else?  I was tuning past some DAB+ stations this morning went past Koffee, but the music sounded more like Smoth FM.  In fact there were occasional announcements for Smooth FM, but they were for Smooth 95.3, i.e. Sydney not Melbourne.  They also had the occasional ad, again Sydney related.   It wasn't a rebroadcast of Smooth 95.3 itself.  This afternoon it's still the same.

Koffee is still on the internet though, so what's going on?
    • By g12345567
      My DAB+ digital radio is reporting that BBC world service on SBS digital 4 is changing to SBS digital 3 on April 18. SBS 4 currently plays the BBC/Special events channel.

Can't find any further information on what this means for the current lineup of programs.  So was wondering if anybody has any further information on this change.

Does this mean BBC will become 24/7 on SBS 3 or will it still remain the BBC/Special Events channel? What will happen to SBS Chill currently on SBS 3? Will it move to SBS 4 or just be discontiued?
      SBS 3 radio is also on Digital TV. Will that also change?

• By alanh
      HE AAC compresion is used in our DAB+ digital radio along with DRM digital radio & DVB-T2 TV.
      Remember that DRM+ is quite capable of carrying 160 kbit/s, the DAB+ 64 kbit/s/broadcaster is a restriction!
      Sound compression for TV must become more efficient because of the increases in efficiency in video compression. MPEG-4 halves the data rate and H265 halves this data rate again!
      http://www.iis.fraunhofer.de/content/dam/iis/en/dokumente/pr/2012/20120906_IBC_TV_e.pdf They are the researchers, and manufacturers of the broadcast equipment.
      http://www.abu.org.my/Latest_News-@-Radio_on_the_agenda_at_DBS.aspx
      Alanh
    • By alanh
      http://www.drm.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/India-DRM-trial_NXP.pdf
      http://www.nxp.com/products/automotive/multi_standard_digital_radio/#overview
      Finally a world digital radio can be made with existing chip at an economic price.
      Alanh