4K HDMI extender

@crizz11

do you want to just extend the signal, or to split the signal to two devices, one of which needs to be extended into another room?

I think there is a different answer to each of these situations.

Benje

Old setup for 1080i Foxtel:       

Foxtel iQ3 box in fam room plugged into HDMI splitter in fam room

HDMI cable going from splitter in fam room to fam room TV

HDMI cable going to theatre room from splitter in fam room(very close so only short HDMI needed to AMP),

HDMI extender via cat6 cable plugged into splitter in fam room then long cat6 run off to bedroom. 

Basically want 4k solution for the above.

• 2 weeks later...

When using 4k and want 2k in another room will require a automatic downscaling 4k/2k splitter. For long HDMI 8m+ run and 4k for PJ use HDBaseT Cat6 extender or HDMI Fibre cable from splitter.

1 minute ago, EZYHD said:

Well in that case a 1x4 4k splitter should suffice.

I was looking for  specific models someone could recommend because they have used it before for similar requirements.  So i need recommendations for a 4K splitter to go to 4K TV in family room and 4K projector in Theatre room (close to family room) and from splitter to a 4K transmitter, over CAT6 (HDBaseT) to go off to 4K TV in Bedroom.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 3 months later...

Rather than a new thread, thought I'd re-open this one.

I have a HDMI splitter/extender over Cat6 that has been OK but i use to get quick picture drop outs a fair bit and it's currently only working intermittently. I've just changed to an IQ4, what unit's are best for this now? Won't be going to a 4K projector for awhile but will be getting an OLED soon, so down converting to 1080P is fine for the projector, unless there isn't much price difference in a set up that can extend 4K over Cat6.

• 2 weeks later...

I too am interested whether anyone is doing 4k over cat6..

@crizz11 how did you get on? I currently am using a 4x4 matrix switch  to deliver foxtel into 4 rooms over cat6, but with the impending arrival of a 4k tv need to upgrade the matrix switch. Does anyone have any experience with the Blustream switches specifically with 4k and foxtel

Edited by Mrpseudonym

Currently one has to consider what TV's there are in use 4k/4k or 4k/1080p then lengths required. The HDMI cable type have limitations like 5m for a 4k TV and 15m for a 1080p TV, HDMI over Cat6 can be 40m for 4kTv and 70M over 1080p.

To use a mixture of both resolutions one must use what is called a downscaling splitter and they are limited to a few models, if not the  1080p TV more than likely will have a blank screen.

So far downscaling models are available, but as far as I know over 15m limited to 1x2, however we expect this to change in coming months with 1x4 HDMI over Cat splitters appearing in the market place. The best feature of using HDMI Cat is they come with IR device control, so for instance using a iQ3/4 then a simple conversion from Bluetooth to IR remote is all that is required or a former iQ2  remote will do the job.

The latest is this one a 1x2 but can be 1x3 and will run any configuration of 4k and 1080p TV's.

Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 9.53.10 am.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 9.54.49 am.jpg

Edited by EZYHD