Sign in to follow this  
Farpun

Crappy htib vs tv speakers

I'm fed up with not having a centre channel for dialogue while using the speakers on my tv.

I'm on a very very tight budget and found a Yamaha tss15 that is 5.1 but only 6watts per channel for the satellite speakers while my tv has 10watt speakers.

I'm purchasing the tss15 for $50 and am wondering if it will solve the 'what did they say?!' problem me and my wife keep having.

Volume on the tv hasn't really been a problem for us.

Kind of an odd post today but I'm desperate for some budget surround sound.

Thanks in advance.

Anything is better than tv speakers.  HTIB is a good option, but I'd also look at soundbars.  You won't get surround sound, but the front stage will kill your tv speakers.

what exactly is your budget?

I hardly have a budget at the moment which sounds quite ridiculous but I'm saving for something important and just found the htib for $50 which is affordable at the moment.
Thanks for suggesting the soundbar it's probably the best option for my situation.

Anything is better than tv speakers.  HTIB is a good option, but I'd also look at soundbars.  You won't get surround sound, but the front stage will kill your tv speakers.

I appreciate you responding, there's not much to work with as I'm so tight with money just wanted a general opinion, thankyou

Given your tight budget, I say go for it - despite the low wattage, they should sound better than your TV speakers, particularly given that it comes with a subwoofer. If that's the set on Gumtree, it looks to be in good nick too.

Yeah its the gumtree one, like you said they look in good condition and it's a good price.
I would rather wait til I can afford a speaker set that I really do like

3 hours ago, Farpun said:

I appreciate you responding, there's not much to work with as I'm so tight with money just wanted a general opinion, thankyou

All good mate, at $50 it sounds like an excellent solution and, as mentioned, anything is better than your tv speakers!