Sign in to follow this  
anewmission

Need to send foxtel wirelessly across the room?

I need to send a wireless signal across a room so i can rearrange my living room.

There is no way i can get into the walls to run a cable. Not even sure how they got the foxtel outlet in there.

How would i go about doing this?

I've previously used a few of the Wireless Video senders such as those made by One4All and to be honest they've all been a bit ropey in my experiences with them.  I haven't tried with the newer ones designed for HDMI so they may have improved in the meantime but...

... depending on how far you need to signal to go, and whether you can somehow 'hide' a slim ethernet cables under carpet / around the room you might be able to consider using a HDMI over ethernet transmitter / receiver pairing instead.

1 hour ago, anewmission said:

I need to send a wireless signal across a room so i can rearrange my living room.

There is no way i can get into the walls to run a cable. Not even sure how they got the foxtel outlet in there.

How would i go about doing this?

I use a pair of Miccus bluetooth units to send my Foxtel box signal not just across the room but up one storey as well (into an amp which then drives the speakers next to my TV).  They worked flawlessly at one stage ... but a setting on the Foxtel box must've changed as, currently ... I can't get a signal!!  :(

Andy

The signal needs to go only about 7metres but i definitely cant have cables running around.
I was looking at doing to hdmi to ethernet and then ethernet over powerline but something tell me this wont work