FS: TANNOY DC-1000 VINTAGE BOOKSHELF SPEAKERS

Item: TANNOY DC-1000 Bookshelf Speakers

Condition: Excellent condition. Drivers working well.  Checked by Brisbane Speaker Repairs prior to sale. Cabinets cosmetically excellent for age with no corner bumps or dents. Few superficial hardly visible scuffs on top of one – see pic. Couple of driver screw heads have a bit of corrosion. Grilles excellent with no broken tabs. Grille cloth good but missing grille badges.

Price:  $450    $400   $375  $350

Reason for Selling: Post Christmas bills.

Payment methods: Cash on pick-up

Pick up details: Pick up Wynnum, Brisbane. Not keen to courier these but may re-consider if local buyer not found.

Extra info: The DC-1000s feature the same 2025GG dual-concentric driver as in the floor-standing models in the series. The Tannoy DC range began my adventure into hi-fi and I was blown away by the detail from the dual-concentric drivers and hooked on hi fi from then on. They sounded sweet with an Audiolab 8000A and matched well for my ears with this mellow English amp. Tried them with a brighter modern Vincent and a bit more fatiguing. Locals are welcome to bring own amp to see if it is a good match for you. I love these with jazz, acoustic instrumental and vocals particularly, but they can exercise muscle when they need to. These are all original and un-modified.  Had them checked prior to sale by Brisbane Speaker Repairs and all good. 

Here are specs from Hifidatabase.com (can’t guarantee their accuracy). 

Recommended amplifier: 10 - 120 Watts

Sensitivity: 90dB

Nominal impedance: 8 Ohms

Frequency response: 48Hz - 25kHz

Crossover frequency: 2.3Khz

Enclosure: Ducted port

Internal volume: 17L

Dimensions:        248 x 497 x 205mm (Width x Height x Depth)

Weight: 8.1kg

Year:      1988 - 1991

Pictures:

Tannoy DC-1000 Speakrs (1).JPG

Tannoy DC-1000 Speakrs (4).JPG

Tannoy DC-1000 Speakrs (6).JPG

Edited by CJDJ
Price reduction. Simplified text.
  • Like 3