First forum post. 

I have just purchased an Epson EH-TW5600 Home Theatre Projector.
I currently have my TV, PS4, Telstra TV, Google Chromecast and Soundbar (along with an electric white screen that pulls down in front of all this) at one end of the room, and I will be playing my projector at the other end of the room which is approximately 5-6m away.

I am looking at having the ability to watch tv, movies and play games through the projector screen.

How am I best to connect to my tv, Telstra tv, ps4 and chrome to the projector?

I am planning to mute the speaker in the projector so that I can rely on the sound bar at the other end of the room instead. So, how should I connect the sound bar to the projector?

My equipment is far from top of the line but this is it:-

-          TV: Hisense 65-inch P6 4K Ultra HD LED LCD Smart TV

-          Sound bar:  Samsung HW-M360/XY 2.1ch Soundbar with Subwoofer with Samsung SWA-8500S Wireless Rear Speaker Kit

-          Telstra TV

-          Google Chromecast (1st Generation) (looking to upgrade to newest one if it’s beneficial to)

-          Standard/ Original PS4

-          Projector: Epson EH-TW5600

Sorry for the simplistic questions. Thanks for your help.

2 x HDMI digital inputs, ie PS4 & Google Chromecast ?

1 x D-sub 15-pin input i.e Video feed from telstra, tv,  ?

1 x D-sub 15-pin input i.e computer screen ?

as for sound setup

a multi switch box or an AV amp of sorts

as the sound bar has only 2 inputs 1 digital & 1 pair rca

1 hour ago, GSO-ROB said:

2 x HDMI digital inputs, ie PS4 & Google Chromecast ?

1 x D-sub 15-pin input i.e Video feed from telstra, tv,  ?

1 x D-sub 15-pin input i.e computer screen ?

as for sound setup

a multi switch box or an AV amp of sorts

as the sound bar has only 2 inputs 1 digital & 1 pair rca

So each has its own HDMI cord from projector to source at other side of room?

No you plug all your sources into the switch box or AV amp and then a single HDMI cord to the PJ

Posted (edited)

All your sources have HDMI output.

You connect them all to the switcher above HDMI input's, then use one HDMI out to the TV and the other HDMI out to the projector.

Then use a optical cable to output the sound from the switcher to the soundbar

Edited by Tweaky

By the way, I just had a look at the switchers specs, and of the spec's of your TV.

To get the sound from the TV to come out of the soundbar run a HDMI cable from the TV's HDMI input 2 only, as that's your TV's ARC channel [Auto Return Channel], you then need to plug that into the switchers OUTPUT HDMI channel A, as that's the ARC channel on the switcher.

It should all work fine, but I imagine your going to need a bigger caddy to hold all the different remotes

16 hours ago, Tweaky said:

By the way, I just had a look at the switchers specs, and of the spec's of your TV.

To get the sound from the TV to come out of the soundbar run a HDMI cable from the TV's HDMI input 2 only, as that's your TV's ARC channel [Auto Return Channel], you then need to plug that into the switchers OUTPUT HDMI channel A, as that's the ARC channel on the switcher.

It should all work fine, but I imagine your going to need a bigger caddy to hold all the different remotes

Thank you again for looking at all of that for me. I greatly appreciate it. 

I should also mention, after re-reading your post, that you intend to run the Projector 5-6M away from the screen.... are those really the dimensions?

You have a potential problem happening with that, well unless you want to run a image size of a 55" diagonal image to your screen from the projector at that distance.

The problem is, that the further away from the screen you have your projector, the less bright the picture will be, it depends on the distance of projector to screen, the size of screen and the  light output of projectors lamp, that determins how bright a projected image will be......and only for a certain amount of time, as projector lamp light output diminishes with time [Plus the image will get more Yellow- but that's another topic]

IMHO, I would employ you to move your projector closer to 3M away from the screen at MAX on a 100"-120" Max screen, anything else and you are wasting your time, you are going to get a washed out image, and that's even is you were running the projectors lamp at it's HIGH setting.....been there done/tried that over 20 years ago.

Another problem I can see cropping up is the length of the HDMI cable needed to run from the switchbox to the projector, at the needed length, a lot of HDMI cables are rubbish.

I'll save you a lot of searching and recommend you go to Officeworks and look at the COMPSOL High speed HDMI cable with Ethernet [It gives you a bit of future proofing] plus they are NOT expensive.

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/comsol-high-speed-hdmi-cable-with-ethernet-10m-cohdmi100

These cables have been tested by fellow forum members, with a lot high caliber gear, and have come through with flying colours.

Edited by Tweaky