Teddy Cap experiences - Tired of cable swapping!

I’m sick of cable swapping as I’m sharing power supplies across components for my Naim system - Has anyone actually experienced the Teddy Cap power supplies?  There are plenty of positive reviews on line but we all know what works for one might not for others.

I’m interested to hear any views

thanks

Indeed Buy direct and use with confidence --Teddy ships promptly and delivers first class product at reasonable pricing.

I've used his supplies and thoroughly recommend them-very well made and finished with top support.

Good Luck,

Willco

• Thanks 1

I've had a TeddyCap hooked up to my Cd5x for 3 years, both are switched on 24/7 (except for the occasional electrical storm). Dead quiet, no heat, no fuss.

The TC is reasonably affordable and I would place it in the 'definitely should get one' category because it definitely enhanced the Cd5x.

And what Willco said.

Edited by deanB

I too have had a very positive experience of a teddy cap replacing a fully serviced C.B. Hicap. Again dead quiet into my 32.5 pre. Bass was smoother, soundstage deeper and if anything it took that Naim bright edge away and made everything sound much better.....

• Thanks 1

I’m looking to power my NAC 200 & possibly my Headline

I have 2 options - would be interested in your thoughts

1 is get a TC+ (1 HC+1SC equiv) to fully power the NAC 200 and retain my Naim HiCap DR for the headline 

or 

2 is to get the double TC+ which is the equivalent of 2 HC + 1 SC and sell the HiCap to fund the upgrade

option 2 seems the most sensible but I’m nervous I’ll miss the HiCap

Edited by Brigadier

Mmm difficult decision. I would say the more noticeable sound would come from a teddycap powering your Nac. The DR power supply you have i believe was a direct competitor to the teddy range. If you are in Sydney you are welcome to borrow my teddy cap it's only a hicap replacement but would give you an idea of what it does.

• Like 1

Thanks for the offer Ian - much appreciated

I’ll reach out if I decide to try before I buy but I feel I’ve got enough views and reviews to confirm it wouldn’t be a mistake to go the Teddy route. The only question remaining is really which one to go for: The DualTeddyCap or the just the TeddyCapPlus & keep the HighCap

I’m leaning to a DualTeddyCap approach and using the HighCap sale to fund it ......... but that then gets me thinking about selling the XPS with my CDX-2 and getting a TeddyXPS - Cheaper, newer and won’t require the Naim capacitors recapping every 10years - what’s not to like?!!

I would have thought selling your Naim power supplies will more than fund the change to Teddy Pardo. As stated earlier Teddy does a full refund if you don't like his products and i have heard his postage times are pretty good too.