Cyrus Signature Phono Stage

6 hours ago, amdan said:

Hi guys. Anyone got one of these? I bought one and need some comparative info.

3 hours ago, half baked said:

I have one

2 hours ago, freaky1 said:

I have one as well

Ummm, guys - hows about being helpful (yes, strange concept!  :P ).

The OP asked about comparative info.

amdan, my mate Mike Kontor has one of these and he regards it as a step up from the phono stage in his tweaked Doge preamp - which, up till then, he had regarded as the best phono stage he had ever heard.

Andy

• Like 3

The way I read it was he wanted to know if anyone had one so he could ask some questions about it. I was waiting for one.

Yes the Cyrus is  a great phono stage, I used to have the Doge years ago but regarded the standard phono as just ok,  to noisy for me,  same as a Rogue 99 pre/with phono, very good , dynamic with good soundstage but again to noisy

the iPhono was my last one which was very good, very quiet ,compared favourably and bettered some $500-1000 stages I tried.

The Cyrus is in a different league altogether especially with the seperate PSU, it’s a must really.

I love the natural sound of it, never sounds forced or edgy, nice open soundstage great bass, lots of detail comes through.

I use it with a Wilson Benesch Full circle TT / ACT 0.5 tonearm/Benz micro wood cartridge.

A friend has an Ayre acoustics P-5xe, he borrowed the Cyrus to compare and was pretty impressed saying it was a phono he would buy if  he moved the Ayre on

11 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

@andyr

read the OP’s 1st question. He did asked if anyone has one.   :D

See. :thumb:

As you can see, Peter, he said more than what you quoted - see below (just to help you out, I put these extra words in red):

19 hours ago, amdan said:

Hi guys. Anyone got one of these? I bought one and need some comparative info.

Are you one of these people who can't process more than the first thought in an email or post?  :lol:

Andy

• Like 2

4 hours ago, andyr said:

As you can see, Peter, he said more than what you quoted - see below (just to help you out, I put these extra words in red):

Are you one of these people who can't process more than the first thought in an email or post?  :lol:

Andy

You can say you have one.  No requirements to answer.  ?   But if you did answer the comparative question it’s a bonus!  ?

• Like 2

Man, this is suppose to be a helpful, supportive forum.....but lately it just seems people want to prove a point, and argue the way a question was worded, rather than being helpful and just moving on.....

But hey that just might be my opinion.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, half baked said:

Sorry I even posted now

1 hour ago, perth_artist said:

Man, this is suppose to be a helpful, supportive forum.....but lately it just seems people want to prove a point, and argue the way a question was worded, rather than being helpful and just moving on.....

But hey that just might be my opinion.

Linn recently debunked their forum cause it was outta hand and required to much time to moderate methinks....

Dont think its gonna happen here on SNA but I have to agree that social media/forums etc regardless of background has certainly " gotten worse" over the years..IMO

Tase. 

• Like 3

Can the op be more specific, what exactly does he want to know ?

What does comparative info mean ? Am i supposed to be comparing it to something ?

I can try and answer if some context can be provided in what they are seeking to find out specifically.

Sorry guys. I had turned notifications on but nothing has come through - no doubt user error on my part. 

I have been having trouble with mine. I have two turntables and the one with the MM cartridge produces a lot more hiss than the MC which is not what you would expect given that the gain on MM is 40 db and MC is 70db. Anyway I took it into the place I bought it and when they opened it up they thought there was fault in it. I had been wondering if your units behaved in the same way.

@freaky1 

@half baked

@andyr

On 06/01/2019 at 5:22 PM, hugo_wilco said:

SNA is still a great forum and still is. 

Great forum with a few 'snobs/know it all's' but every forum has those so that's fine.....but it is being infiltrated by some thin skinned 'tweeters'.?

• Like 1