EOI Weston Acoustic TImemachine Preamp - EML 45 Globes, Jupiter Wax Coupling Capactiors

Item:  Weston Acoustic TIme Machine in walnut
Price:  $3000 with all the valves firm. Won't sell the valves separately.
Item Condition: Mint
Reason for selling: Tube integrated
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

Originally my preamp which I sold to my Dad around a year ago. Currently located overseas but he will bring it back to Perth on the 15th. If any WA buyers wish to buy it they can on the 15th otherwise it will be back in Brisbane a month after. The EML Globes are no longer manufactured and would have been very lightly used. They alone would sell for well over $1k.

Walnut Plinth

Extra RCA Output for sub or biamping

Bent Metal Remote

Jupiter Wax coupling capacitors

EML 45 Globes - Ultra rare and were brand new when I purchased them. Around 50 hours would be an conservative estimate. These are extremely rare and retailed for over $800USD, a pair would be worth far more now. They last forever

RCA 6SL7 Black Plates with White lettering. NOS when purchased so like above around 50 hours. Great tube with a solid reputation.

Mullard GZ37 Rectifier - This was recommended from Earle personally if you wanted an excellent rectifier and were willing to pay the dollars. NOS when purchased.

This is solely an preamp.

The whole preamp with the capacitors, upgraded plinth and tubes cost well over 4k. I think my price is fair and you will not get better 45's then the EML Globes. Also you don't have to wait half a century to get the preamp.

Pretty much refuse to ship or it will be at your risk. I have all the original packaging but am most concerned about freighting the globes.

Pictures:

DSCF3776.thumb.JPG.a7421fd6bbb3b86458abffb9a364e1ac.JPGDSCF3852.thumb.JPG.0927fe2bba63d2ebb134e1736f531bd5.JPGDSCF3853.thumb.JPG.aa5754aad1ce2ae4491d7a108ec79691.JPGDSCF3854.thumb.JPG.2223c7a78d2818e38622bf12909d524c.JPG

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Beacon said:

I hate to be pedantic... but... ALL tubes are hand made... It's not possible to make them any other way.

GLWTS

What are you talking about? In the manual where Earle says that his preamps are handmade?

I think you are taking it out of context. He is not referring to the tubes themselves but the preamp itself.

Edit:

Oh I get it, on the EML packaging it states "Hand Made in Czech Republic".

Edited by kelossus

That's it. Nothing to do with the Amp but all tubes are hand made. Always have been. The whole tube manufacturing process is readily viewable or readable on the WWW. For the manufacturer to state on the box that the tubes are hand made is not necessarily misleading but is stating the bleedin' obvious!!!!

Once again for the record..... ALL TUBES ARE HAND MADE!!!!! There may be some automation in the process but essentially building a tube involves a human sitting at bench with a magnifying scope or similar and manually putting all the parts together.

• Like 1

Hi,  

so no speaker outputs then? That’s ok if not as I want this as a pre.

What about headphone out? That bit I do need!

Maybe be a couple of pics from the rear and top might help?

Did you ever try with 6SN7 input valves for lower gain?

Ta

Rob

3 minutes ago, robio_d said:

Hi,  

so no speaker outputs then? That’s ok if not as I want this as a pre.

What about headphone out? That bit I do need!

Maybe be a couple of pics from the rear and top might help?

Did you ever try with 6SN7 input valves for lower gain?

Ta

Rob

No speakers outs, a pure pre.

Yes it has the headphone out.

Can't take anymore pic's as it is in Perth till the middle of February.

Never tried 6SN7's.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, robio_d said:

Thanks. Do you mind saying what you replaced the TM with and why?   And any noticeable differences?

Also did you have any trouble with microphonics?

I went to a matching Mcintosh Pre/Power setup. Can't comment on the differences as the preamp was not the only change in the system at the time of the sale.

I had no issue at all with microphonics but this was an initial concern when purchasing the globes. All for nothing in the end as I had no problem with microphonics.

Hopefully sent you a PM.  Just some logistics to work out but keen keen jelly bean.

1 hour ago, kelossus said:

I went to a matching Mcintosh Pre/Power setup. Can't comment on the differences as the preamp was not the only change in the system at the time of the sale.

I had no issue at all with microphonics but this was an initial concern when purchasing the globes. All for nothing in the end as I had no problem with microphonics.

• Like 1