Sime V2

Chord Hugo M Scaler discussion and impressions thread.

Posted (edited)

Just thought I’d start a thread about the Chord Hugo M Scaler, I’m going to the big smoke tomorrow morning to pick one up to pair with my Chord Qutest, so it’ll be interesting to see how it goes. I’ve already heard the difference an up Scaler can make, but this ones on steroids. 

So if you have heard one or own one, what are your opinions?

Im looking forward to seeing how it plays out. 

I am also going to have to look into a nice pair of BNC cables, so if anyone has any suggestions on those, it would be appreciated 👍

I simply loves DAC’s for some reason 🤪

6ECE7BB5-7E7D-4B86-A76B-5AEED86AE92B.jpeg

Edited by Sime V2

Melbourne or Sydney Simon? Interested to see how close it gets or even exceeds the Hugo 2 or TT. 

@custom_made cheers mate 👍

I just messaged Rob Watts asking him if the M Scaler can pass through MQA data to solve my current 3 dac connectivity issue. 

Looking forward to your impressions Sime, I'm getting a TT2 & M-Scaler for my second system (via a relative who's coming down from England in a few weeks). Feedback on Headfi on the M-Scaler has been interesting, with some users not hearing a difference and others claiming it's night and day, when not used with the TT2.

As a Chord DAVE + Blu Mk2 owner I can confirm that the old adage of garbage in garbage out applies. A BluMk2 or M-Scaler isn't going to make your YouTube or SoundCloud stream sound like a 24bit high-resolution file,  but feed it high-quality source material and prepare to have the combo take your breath away. 

@Galactic Soap yes, I’m prepared actually to not be hugely blown away, I’m keeping my expectations limited. It’s one of those devices that I like the novelty of, even at its price (I got a surprisingly good deal) and it might take some time to hear its benefits. But if it’s as good as one may hope, awesome, if not (system incapability) I’ll simply sell it at a good price to someone else. 

@Sime V2 - Good plan mate, particularly if you picked it up for a good price. It's at a price-point where moving it on shouldn't be hard. 

@Sime V2  no probs with your system, the D3's will be revealing enough to hear any changes implemented. 

@maximus I hear cable changes, especially with the newer 8805, but we’ll see.