Sign in to follow this  
redline0201

NAD D3020 vs AV Receiver

16 hours ago, Gridmon said:

I’m hoping something like the NAD 758v3 or an Anthem MRX 520 would provide me with a good enough amp for 2ch duties.

The T758V3 and MRX 520 are close in price, but the MRX 520 cannot do Atmos. NAD publishes the actual multi channel power but Anthem no longer does that (they did with 310, 510, 710) and states the 2 channel power rating. T58V3 has more power.

Both Anthem Room Correction (ARC) and Dirac Live are rated as the better room correction software for movies. For music, I would rate Dirac Live better.

My recommendation is the T758V3 if looking for a 1 box solution to do 50/50 music and movies.

P/s moved from MRX 710 to T758V3.

15 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

The T758V3 and MRX 520 are close in price, but the MRX 520 cannot do Atmos. NAD publishes the actual multi channel power but Anthem no longer does that (they did with 310, 510, 710) and states the 2 channel power rating. T58V3 has more power.

Both Anthem Room Correction (ARC) and Dirac Live are rated as the better room correction software for movies. For music, I would rate Dirac Live better.

My recommendation is the T758V3 if looking for a 1 box solution to do 50/50 music and movies.

P/s moved from MRX 710 to T758V3.

Oh no Snoopy, your about to cost me some money. Lost sleep thinking the I should get the T758v3 instead of MRX 520.

Unfortunately I dont think there is anyone in Perth who has them, and I've never heard one.

31 minutes ago, Gridmon said:

Oh no Snoopy, your about to cost me some money. Lost sleep thinking the I should get the T758v3 instead of MRX 520.

Unfortunately I dont think there is anyone in Perth who has them, and I've never heard one.

😂 

You can always buy from Klapp in Melbourne. I think the T758V3 is a notch above the MRX-520. It is better for music and with more power for your speakers. 

3 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

😂

You can always buy from Klapp in Melbourne. I think the T758V3 is a notch above the MRX-520. It is better for music and with more power for your speakers. 

Doing it now...

ordered the pair of SB-3000’s off em last week. :)

Purchased! (Whilst waiting for sashimi)

:)

Now begins the tortuous wait for things to ship across the nullabor.

@Snoopy8 Anything I should do to prepare - buy a mic stand etc?

Sorry OP - feel like I'm hijacking your thread here with my purchase.

Are you going to try an AV with pre-outs, so you can use your D3020?

I did have another thought for your AV options, there might be some older stock around like a Marantz SR5012 or someone trading it in. This model comes with the better Audyssey MultEQ XT. Either that or the XT32 version can be customised with an iOS App. Pretty sure it's free! If you look at it in the app store - it should have all the compatible models.

19 hours ago, Gridmon said:

Now begins the tortuous wait for things to ship across the nullabor.

@Snoopy8 Anything I should do to prepare - buy a mic stand etc?

You will not regret it. 👍

Do you have a calibrated mic like UMIK-1?  Also get microphone stand from Swamp Industries.  

When you get the box, get also full Dirac License for USD 100.  

2 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

You will not regret it. 👍

Do you have a calibrated mic like UMIK-1?  Also get microphone stand from Swamp Industries.  

When you get the box, get also full Dirac License for USD 100.  

OK. Dont have either, so I can order them. But I thought the T758v3 came with a calibrated mic?

Here's the reference on their website "supplied calibrated microphone" - https://nadelectronics.com/product/t-758-v3-av-surround-sound-receiver/

58 minutes ago, Gridmon said:

OK. Dont have either, so I can order them. But I thought the T758v3 came with a calibrated mic?

Here's the reference on their website "supplied calibrated microphone" - https://nadelectronics.com/product/t-758-v3-av-surround-sound-receiver/

The included calibrated puck is not that good. 

1 hour ago, Snoopy8 said:

The included calibrated puck is not that good. 

Ordered 'em

Cheers @Snoopy8

Yay, SVS Subs and AVR finally came in yesterday and shipped out this morning.

Can hardly sit still waiting for 'em.

Have been trying to find some reviews for the SB-3000's but still surprisingly little published so far.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Niraj.shr
      Item: Budget CD Player in good working order
      Price Range: 150 - 350
      Item Condition: Used
      Extra Info: Looking for a good condition used CD player from reputable brands - NAD, Rotel, Marantz, Denon etc. Currently using a cheap Sony cd player model CDP-397 and looking to upgrade to a better player. Bought a 5 disc sony player recently and had to get rid of it as it produced a loud hum.
      I am in Perth (6060) Thank you.

• By glennb
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Essendon State: Victoria Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:  Last of the HT room clear out is the NAD T175 HD surround processor which I've owned since new (RRP of $4,000 at the time). Full working order and has been the reliable centre piece of the HT room for many years. Comes with brand new HTR 8 learning remote control, audyssey Mic and power cable.

Only known issue is that is has some crackling and popping and odd volume output when using the volume knob on the front (typical of a lot of NAD gear apparently). Using the remote volume control though it's fine. 

This model (and serial number) is suitable for the VM300 4k passthrough MDC upgrade as well as the AM230 for Dolby Atmos 11.2 outputs if you wanted to create a 4K Atmos NAD surround processor for a bargain price!

Features:
      Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and Sigma Designs advanced VXP video processing
      7.2 Channel output (2 sub outs)
      Audyssey MultiEQ XT room correction
      Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
      4 HDMI Inputs, 1 HDMI Out (HDMI 1.3)

Photos: 

• By thecoffeegent
      Hey guy's,

I need some help. I recently picked up a NAD T758 v3 receiver and set aside today to do the Dirac Live room correction. After hours i still cannot get a measurement it will use.
      I'm using the supplied mic on tripod stand and have tried it plugged into the T758 (as suggested by NAD) and also via my PC. 

The issue:
      Every time i run a measurement point (Test tones from each speaker), at the end i get a Low Signal to Noise ratio error message, regardless of which point i'm measuring and what volume everything is set at etc (I've tried almost all volume options!). The rooms quiet. no other appliances are running except the amp and my PC. I also leave the room during the measurement. 

The one time i was able to get enough measurement points successfully recorded, it failed during the filter design stage with an error saying the measurements were too poor quality.

I've tried another calibration microphone (KRKSystems) with the exact same results as above.

I've also tried it through the iOS app. Again, same issues.

Has anyone else experienced this or have some suggestions?

Thanks.
    • By Dbuns
      Item Condition: 10/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Kambah State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgraded NLR Further information: 

It was purchased December 2018, so it is a little over a year old now. Still plenty of Warranty left on it. Has not had much use it was driving 4 ATMOS speakers. Upgraded my receiver so no longer require the power amp.

It is in perfect condition, coming from a smoke free home. No scratches or dents to be seen.

Comes with all original paperwork.

Unfortunately a demo is not available in the current virus circumstances. I can however provide a video of fully functioning amp.

The CI 940 has 4 channels of clean low distortion power set up in a 2 stereo zone configuration. Boasting 35 watts of continuous power per channel, the CI 940 is designed to drive low impedance speakers and long wire runs. Vanishingly low distortion and near absence of noise allow the music to emerge from a ‘black’ background that enhances stereo perspective and allows the subtle details of the music to be heard clearly.

Four channels of clean, low distortion power set up in two stereo zone configuration 35W x 4 @ 8 Ohms/4 Ohms 70W x 2 @ 8 Ohms in Bridge Mode Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.
    • By Dbuns
      Item Condition: 10/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Canberra State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgrade so NLR Further information:  
      The CI 940 has 4 channels of clean low distortion power set up in a 2 stereo zone configuration. Boasting 35 watts of continuous power per channel, the CI 940 is designed to drive low impedance speakers and long wire runs. Vanishingly low distortion and near absence of noise allow the music to emerge from a ‘black’ background that enhances stereo perspective and allows the subtle details of the music to be heard clearly.

Four channels of clean, low distortion power set up in two stereo zone configuration 35W x 4 @ 8 Ohms/4 Ohms 70W x 2 @ 8 Ohms in Bridge Mode  
      It was purchased December 2018, so it is a little over a year old now. Still plenty of Warranty left on it. Has not had much use it was driving 4 ATMOS speakers. Upgraded so no longer require the power amp.

It is in perfect condition, coming from a smoke free home. No scratches or dents to be seen.

Comes with remote and all original paperwork.

Unfortunately a demo is not available in the current virus circumstances. I can however provide a video of fully functioning amp.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.