NAD D3020 vs AV Receiver

16 hours ago, Gridmon said:

I’m hoping something like the NAD 758v3 or an Anthem MRX 520 would provide me with a good enough amp for 2ch duties.

The T758V3 and MRX 520 are close in price, but the MRX 520 cannot do Atmos. NAD publishes the actual multi channel power but Anthem no longer does that (they did with 310, 510, 710) and states the 2 channel power rating. T58V3 has more power.

Both Anthem Room Correction (ARC) and Dirac Live are rated as the better room correction software for movies. For music, I would rate Dirac Live better.

My recommendation is the T758V3 if looking for a 1 box solution to do 50/50 music and movies.

P/s moved from MRX 710 to T758V3.

15 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

The T758V3 and MRX 520 are close in price, but the MRX 520 cannot do Atmos. NAD publishes the actual multi channel power but Anthem no longer does that (they did with 310, 510, 710) and states the 2 channel power rating. T58V3 has more power.

Both Anthem Room Correction (ARC) and Dirac Live are rated as the better room correction software for movies. For music, I would rate Dirac Live better.

My recommendation is the T758V3 if looking for a 1 box solution to do 50/50 music and movies.

P/s moved from MRX 710 to T758V3.

Oh no Snoopy, your about to cost me some money. Lost sleep thinking the I should get the T758v3 instead of MRX 520.

Unfortunately I dont think there is anyone in Perth who has them, and I've never heard one.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Gridmon said:

Oh no Snoopy, your about to cost me some money. Lost sleep thinking the I should get the T758v3 instead of MRX 520.

Unfortunately I dont think there is anyone in Perth who has them, and I've never heard one.

? 

You can always buy from Klapp in Melbourne. I think the T758V3 is a notch above the MRX-520. It is better for music and with more power for your speakers. 

3 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

?

You can always buy from Klapp in Melbourne. I think the T758V3 is a notch above the MRX-520. It is better for music and with more power for your speakers. 

Doing it now...

ordered the pair of SB-3000’s off em last week. :)

• Like 1

Sorry OP - feel like I'm hijacking your thread here with my purchase.

Are you going to try an AV with pre-outs, so you can use your D3020?

I did have another thought for your AV options, there might be some older stock around like a Marantz SR5012 or someone trading it in. This model comes with the better Audyssey MultEQ XT. Either that or the XT32 version can be customised with an iOS App. Pretty sure it's free! If you look at it in the app store - it should have all the compatible models.

19 hours ago, Gridmon said:

Now begins the tortuous wait for things to ship across the nullabor.

@Snoopy8 Anything I should do to prepare - buy a mic stand etc?

You will not regret it. ?

Do you have a calibrated mic like UMIK-1?  Also get microphone stand from Swamp Industries.  

When you get the box, get also full Dirac License for USD 100.  

2 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

You will not regret it. ?

Do you have a calibrated mic like UMIK-1?  Also get microphone stand from Swamp Industries.  

When you get the box, get also full Dirac License for USD 100.  

OK. Dont have either, so I can order them. But I thought the T758v3 came with a calibrated mic?

Here's the reference on their website "supplied calibrated microphone" - https://nadelectronics.com/product/t-758-v3-av-surround-sound-receiver/

58 minutes ago, Gridmon said:

OK. Dont have either, so I can order them. But I thought the T758v3 came with a calibrated mic?

Here's the reference on their website "supplied calibrated microphone" - https://nadelectronics.com/product/t-758-v3-av-surround-sound-receiver/

The included calibrated puck is not that good. 

Yay, SVS Subs and AVR finally came in yesterday and shipped out this morning.

Can hardly sit still waiting for 'em.

Have been trying to find some reviews for the SB-3000's but still surprisingly little published so far.

• Like 1