Sign in to follow this  
barn door

SOLD: FS: Yamaha WXAD-10, MusicCast Streamer

Item: Yamaha WXAD-10, MusicCast Streamer + 0.5m Concord RCA cables
Price: $110 (RRP $229)
Item Condition: 
Very good, 8.5/10 (hasn’t really moved since set-up)
Reason for selling: Upgrade 
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, bank transfer, will consider post (have original box), however local pick-up is preferred
Extra Info:

I’m throwing in the Concord 0.5m RCA cables as part of the sale.

The WXAD-10 supports a wide range of hi-res formats, including WAV, FLAC and AIFF in 192 kHz / 24-bit resolution, as well as ALAC in 96 kHz / 24-bit resolution. The unit employs a special circuitry design that minimises and optimises the signal path, and utilises high-quality parts and technologies — including the renowned Burr-Brown DAC.

I have been using this for the past 12-months (original owner) to WiFi Tidal (and Spotify) from my iPad into the streamer, and have it connected to my amplifier via RCA. You can either use the MusicCast app, or native Tidal app (I preferred the latter).

Does a great job, and have only decided sell this unit due to an upgrade (at considerable cost) to a unit that can unpack MQA format. 

Pictures:

1345949571_Yamahaspec.thumb.jpg.e8fabc726feb29565278c1fba219a06c.jpg

image2.thumb.jpeg.22f1541a88c1ffcd8b1200019769b00d.jpeg

image3.thumb.jpeg.cf454c3f63891189bd8d623cfb0ad7bf.jpeg

image4.thumb.jpeg.15f6a3400a0d2cbfe6ac7eeaec597819.jpeg

image5.thumb.jpeg.4920e6d74f05bc00658de3ac00027e5a.jpeg

Compatibility_2.jpg.360ea10e9dfaa8109289adbbd832b1f8.jpg

Connectable_1.jpg.dffa053f2c5ff195d8236da233fb7ce6.jpg

Edited by barn door

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lukoo
      Item: Linn Majik DS/1 music streamer black
      Price: $900 (plus postage and Paypal fee)
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: no longer used - I'm more into vinyl and CDs again
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, direct deposit
      Extra Info:

I bought this unit in May 2013 from a dealer in Germany. The streamer is in perfect working condition and looks almost like new. It comes in the original box, with Linn interconnect cable and remote control (unused).

Features:
      ·         Original factory fitted Dynamik Power Supply

·         Supports digital formats up to 24-bit 192 kHz

·         Integrates seamlessly with Tidal & Qobuz lossless streaming

·         On-board volume control allows direct connection to a power amp

·         Analogue outputs for connection to pre- or power amps

More info: https://docs.linn.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Majik_DS

I prefer local pickup, but am happy to post. Price includes donation.

• By doubleaitch
      Does anyone out there have advice for a newby to the vinyl school trying to find that sound I had in the early eighties from a Luxman system with Yamaha NS690 III speakers.  They are monitors and I still have them although one of the mid range and possibly a tweeter has been blown.  I have thought about having them repaired (as I can get the parts), but I am considering if there is something out there comparable.  I have a pair of ELAC 2.0 5.2 bookshelf speakers and they are OK.  I have been pretty happy with them but I miss the clarity I recall from the Yamaha's.  I have tested the ELAC's on a few of my 'test' tracks like Elton John's Song for Guy and Fleetwood Mac's Landslide and they sound nothing like the clarity of the Yamaha's.  Is it the fact that the Yamaha's are considered monitors?  They are as sharp as a tack which may not suit a lot of people but I do love the clarity which I have been unable to get from the ELAC's even through an Ortofon Quintet Blue on my MMF7.1 turntable. And what about the 2 way / 3 way difference in modern speakers - does that mean less clarity or is it just a tech advancement that means we get more from mid range now.  So confused atm. 
    • By Willmax
      Item: YAMAHA M-2 Power Amplifier, 240WPC @ 8 Ohms, 240v multi-voltage unit
      Price: $1100
      Item Condition: 8.5/10
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, EFT, PPF
      Extra Info:
      This M2 power amp has served me well for a number of years and never missed a beat, cosmetically it is pretty neat considering its age (see pictures), all lights working and the green LED VU meter is a treat!
      I've had the speakers terminal upgraded and the new ones are pretty chunky and work well with banana or spade terminals. 
      I've been in two minds about selling it, but it is finally time for some one else to enjoy it!

Happy to take to Pack & Send for Australia wide delivery.

Please send any questions strictly via PM.

http://marantzhallo-fi.blogspot.com/2016/12/jims-yamaha-m-2-power-amplifier-ns.html
      https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/yamaha/m-2.shtml

Photos: 

• By Lincolnbl
      Items:

Mission M73i Floorstanding speakers (in Beech colour)
      Mission MC72 Center Channel (in Charcoal)
      Mission M70 Surround Speakers (in Charcoal colour)
      Velodyne CHT12R Subwoofer
      Yamaha RXV3800 AV Receiver

All items have been well cared for. Never abused. Non-smoking house.

Price: $950 $750
      Item Condition: Used. Well looked after.
      Reason for selling: Upgrade time.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
      Extra Info: Selling as a set at this stage. But if interested in individual components reply indicating your interest and will consider a split if most stuff goes.

Photos:

• By JayNTH
      Item: YAMAHA CA-2000 Integrated amp
      Price: 1200 plus postage if required.
      Item Condition: Excellent working condition.
      Reason for selling: Reduce my collection.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: This beautiful vintage Yamaha amp CA-2000 was imported from Japan audio shop for my Yamaha ns-1000M and just having played a couple of times then sitting back on the shelf gathering dust, hence it time for someone who love the natural sound of this serious seri of Yamaha amp to enjoy it. This amp can be run on class A  30 wpc at 8ohm output, very impress sound, deep base, very clear sound stage. The amp is in excellent working condition, never been repaired or restored, all the electronic components are original, outside no scratches, no marks on the cabinet, front face very clear and clean.

Note: This amp is 100v need a step down transformer to run.

Link for specs: 
      https://audio-heritage.jp/YAMAHA/amp/ca-2000.html

Model Stereo integrated amplifier Effective output (0.03%, Aux) 20Hz to 20kHz: 140W + 140W (4Ω, Class  
               120W + 120W (8Ω, Class  
               30W + 30W (8Ω, Class A) 
      1kHz: 180W + 180W (4Ω, Class  
          130W + 130W (8Ω, Class B ) ) Total harmonic distortion (20Hz-20kHz) Phono1, 2 → Rec out (5V): 0.003% or less 
      Phono MC → Rec out (3V): 0.03% or less 
      Tuner, Aux → Pre out (3V): 0.005% or less 
      Main in → SP out (60W, Class B, 8Ω 😞 0.01% or less 
                 (15W, Class A, 8Ω): 0.005% or less 
      Tuner → SP out (60W, Class B, 8Ω): 0.01% or less Power bandwidth (0.03%, 8Ω) Class B: 10Hz to 50kHz 
      Class A: 10Hz to 70kHz Damping factor 45 or more (8Ω, 1kHz) Frequency characteristic Phono 1, 2 MC (RIAA deviation): 
      30Hz 
      - 15kHz ± 0.2dB Tuner-Pre out: 5Hz-100kHz +0 -1dB Tuner-SP out (8Ω load): 5Hz-50kHz +0 -1dB Input sensitivity (rated) / impedance Phono 1: 2mV / 47kΩ, 68kΩ, 100kΩ 
      Phono 2: 2mV / 47kΩ 
      Phono MC: 50μV / 10Ω 
      Tuner, Aux: 120mV / 50kΩ 
      Main in: 1V / 50kΩ Maximum allowable input (1kHz, 0.02% distortion) Phono1, 2: 310mVr.ms 
      Phono MC: 7.5mVr.ms 
      Tuner, Aux: 20Vr.ms Output level / impedance Rec out: 120mV / 600Ω 
      Pre out: 1V / 500Ω Tone control characteristics Bass (125Hz⇔500Hz): ± 10dB (20Hz) 
      Treble (8kHz⇔2.5kHz): ± 10dB (20kHz) Subsonic filter 15Hz, 12dB / oct High filter 10Hz, 12dB / oct Noise level / SNR (IHF-A Network) Phono1, 2: 82dB 
      Phono MC: 71dB (input 50Ω short) 
             68dB (input 0Ω short) 
      Tuner, Aux, Tape: 100dB 
      Main: 118dB Residual noise 0.07mV or less <Meter part> Instruction range -50dB to + 5dB response speed 100μs Return speed 0.95sec <Others> Power supply AC100V, 50Hz / 60Hz Rated power consumption 300W External dimensions Width 461x height 170x depth of 360mm weight 20kg  

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.