Sign in to follow this  
Cardiiiii

Cambridge Audio CXN V2

The 851N does native DSD.

4 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

The 851N does native DSD.

Thank you.  I am assuming that it can read a DSF (DSD) file and convert it to 24/96 PCM to be sent to Toslink output.  Otherwise, Toslink cannot work.

7 hours ago, Mike13 said:

@Cardiiiii why mess around with a little colour display. $50 google chrome cast (display only, SMS-200 etc for sound):

Or if you want real time lyrics:

712E0D5D-9A50-4688-9C63-4C2F14C87064.jpeg

AF31687E-CE3D-4256-913C-D4B223787028.jpeg

Yep perfect set up, hate little tiny screens you can't see when sitting down. All streamers should have a HDMI out for video. This is why i have to use Kodi, HDMI to projector and USB to DAC for audio.

8 hours ago, powerav said:

Yep perfect set up, hate little tiny screens you can't see when sitting down. All streamers should have a HDMI out for video. This is why i have to use Kodi, HDMI to projector and USB to DAC for audio.

Funny I find having a tv on when listening to music to be a mood detractor, iPad screen on the couch arm next to me for control is all I need.

13 minutes ago, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

Funny I find having a tv on when listening to music to be a mood detractor, iPad screen on the couch arm next to me for control is all I need.

So do I if it isn’t the artist or lyrics that you are looking at. 

@Mike13, that is a nice idea but I'll admit to being a bit of a gadget wh**e. I thought you were going to swap the white Astors back with Evil C?

11 minutes ago, Cardiiiii said:

@Mike13, that is a nice idea but I'll admit to being a bit of a gadget wh**e. I thought you were going to swap the white Astors back with Evil C?

If you have Roon, it is really simple. Other way around in the speakers. He got the black ones and I got the white.  

Edited by rantan

Hi, I am using the cxn v1 at the moment. I initially bought it as a stop-gap after my Sotm died. But it is really nice to use so I sold my old DAC. 

But now I'm wondering if I could get a benefit from using the CXN with an external DAC. Anyone tried that sort of thing? 

28 minutes ago, sleach said:

Hi, I am using the cxn v1 at the moment. I initially bought it as a stop-gap after my Sotm died. But it is really nice to use so I sold my old DAC. 

But now I'm wondering if I could get a benefit from using the CXN with an external DAC. Anyone tried that sort of thing? 

I have wondered the same thing. The need for more power cords is a disincentive, but if the sound quality improves...

49 minutes ago, sleach said:

Tried it quite a few times with DACs that were more expensive than the CXN. All sounded better. Seems like a waste to have the CXN in that scenario though

10 hours ago, Bunno77 said:

Tried it quite a few times with DACs that were more expensive than the CXN. All sounded better. Seems like a waste to have the CXN in that scenario though

Thanks!   I know what you mean but I just thought it would save getting another streamer. I quite like the functionality and the interface, but of course want to see if I can get better sound too.

The little ProJect Pre Box S2 Digital has been compared favourably as an improvement over the CXN, for a lot less money, or for those who have the CXN, a cost-effective upgrade.