Sign in to follow this  
hurtin

Tidal Holiday Offer

If you download the sennheiser headphone app called captune. You can sign up to tidal through that and get 3 months completely free.
After 3 months call your bank and say your credit/debit card was lost. They send you a new one for free and you can sign up for another 3 months for free..

How are those of us currently on the 3 month trial going? Do you think you'll keep going? Do you like it?

I'm undecided at this stage. The quality over Apple and Spotify is HEAPS better, Tidal seem to work everywhere and on everything which is super convenient.

On the other side is the price of HIFI costs more then the other two streaming services and I also have all of my music on FLAC or vinyl already.

So I guess if its only for music discovery, I think I may just stick with Apple, which sounds better then Spotify IMHO and cheaper then Tidal.

Cheers.

How are those of us currently on the 3 month trial going? Do you think you'll keep going? Do you like it?

I'm undecided at this stage. The quality over Apple and Spotify is HEAPS better, Tidal seem to work everywhere and on everything which is super convenient.

On the other side is the price of HIFI costs more then the other two streaming services and I also have all of my music on FLAC or vinyl already.

So I guess if its only for music discovery, I think I may just stick with Apple, which sounds better then Spotify IMHO and cheaper then Tidal.

Cheers.
If you do what i mentioned above you never need to pay for it in the foreseeable future.
Google play also has a first 4 months free trial deal if you do some googling
And spotify has a 3 months free if you search.
So you could have all 3 for free because the accounts rely on credit card numbers and email addresses.
The only problem is that each time you make a new account you lose your saved playlists. But saving $50 a month i dont mind searching songs

On 25/01/2019 at 9:35 AM, anewmission said:

If you download the sennheiser headphone app called captune. You can sign up to tidal through that and get 3 months completely free.
After 3 months call your bank and say your credit/debit card was lost. They send you a new one for free and you can sign up for another 3 months for free..

Wow 👎

5 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Wow 👎

Thumbs down indeed. It never ceases to amaze me how far people will go to"save" a few bucks. What they may not (or choose not ) to realise is that every re application for a credit facility adversely affects your credit score and may limit or impede borrowing ability in the future.

There is also the not insignificant issue that doing this constitutes credit card fraud.

Edited by rantan

Thumbs down indeed. It never ceases to amaze me how far people will go to"save" a few bucks. What they may not (or choose not ) to realise is that every re application for a credit facility adversely affects your credit score and may limit or impede borrowing ability in the future.
There is also the not insignificant issue that doing this constitutes credit card fraud.
Do you think that anyone except for popstars actually make money from these apps because i have seen the numbers and they make basically nothing. I will spend my money on going to see the artists live so they actually get the money. So i dont care what you say. Im supporting the musicians not jay z or google

NO. I don't think the artist make jack schit from these situations and I am surprised you saw it that way. My comments were directed at the folly of committing credit card fraud. I support independent artists all the time through Bandcamp and buying music direct from the artist as often as I possibly can.

Edited by rantan

As do i. I buy cds and vinyl still, i have been working in recording studios for years. I still try to see live music once a week. Unfortunately more people dont do this and thus why the music scene in this country is dieing. I see these musicians and how hard they work.
And by no way is it credit card fraud. Its a loophole. I lose my wallet probably that often anyway