Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy

Panasonic TV white spot

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 2:20 PM, georgehifi said:

Yes bad glue is something that it could be.

Other things I tried to think of other that could make this glue separate lens from the backlit leds.

Air-con drying out the glue?

Direct summer sunlight cause higher heat so the glue separates?

Moving it too much,  it's very easy to twist these thin tv's causing the glue to break?

Cleaning the screen could give pressure to the lenses causing the glue to crack

If you google there seems to be many brands with this white spot problem, all backlit naturally when the lens falls off, no edge lit they just go dark overhaul top to bottom on that side if the led blows.

Here is the differences of edge lit vs back lit

https://www.the-home-cinema-guide.com/edge-lit-vs-back-lit-led-tv.html

Cheers George 

Good article but doesn't quite tell the whole story.  Edge lit LCD LEDs with a VA panel and decent local dimming algorithm can produce good blacks and contrast - rivalling full array in some cases. I own a Samsung KS 8000 edge lit (60") and a Q8FN full array (65") and the only noticeable advantage of the Q8 over the KS 8000 is better shadow detail in dark movie scenes due to the FALD.  The KS 8000 actually outshines the QLED in a couple of areas such as better screen uniformity and has less dirty screen affect, not to mention its a much more attractive set.    

On 20/12/2018 at 12:35 PM, Grumpy said:

Noticed yesterday a bright white spot in the middle of my Pana LED TV. 

Has anyone had this problem and had it fixed and if so, how much am l looking at to get it sorted.  l think it's something to do with the back lighting.

The  55 inch TV is out of warranty, but it's only 3 years old.

Hi GRUMPY can u please give me some guidance on what u done emails and who u called 

15 hours ago, Quinny#! said:

Hi GRUMPY can u please give me some guidance on what u done emails and who u called 

G'day. l think l first spoke on line with the official panasonic help line and they sent me an email or 2 , then contact was kept by them by phone calls right til  the satsfactory end.

Are you having the same problem ?

My Samsung 55" has just developed this fault, 3 years and a couple of months from new. Will be giving the retailer a call, as it's one of the very few purchases I got sucked into an extended warranty on.

3 hours ago, bob_m_54 said:

My Samsung 55" has just developed this fault, 3 years and a couple of months from new. Will be giving the retailer a call, as it's one of the very few purchases I got sucked into an extended warranty on.

Sorry to hear that - hopefully you will get an updated replacement.

Let us know how it all goes.

For a large consumer item, the warranty is not the sole factor. Under the reasonable expectation part of consumer law, you have a reasonable expectation of performance in the life of the item.

For example, the Sony we sent back to the retailer one year and one month after purchase: warranty of 12 months, consumer guarantee at the price point was somewhat longer. Basically Myer realised they couldn't stand up in court and say that with the price of $$$$ for the item, for it to fail after 13 months was could not be considered reasonable. This is why I regard extended warranties as a rort by the retailer.

Example: I bought a 1TB portable hard drive at Noel Leeming NZ last week for $80. "For another $15 we can provide you with a year's warranty" I was told. "No thanks, if it fails I will be coming back for my expected replacement under consumer protection law."

Other tip: always find out how long the TV has been in use for, before you accept it. There are code combinations on the remote that are  known to the technicians, which reveal how long the TV has been used for. I asked Myer to do this and found their "as new replacement" was shop display stock with 2,600 hours under the belt. No thanks.

We accepted a Panasonic instead. It has worked fine for years.

Got my TV back this morning. Driver said they replaced the screen. Had a look at his paperwork, and it had one of, one part number listed for parts used, at $398.00. Seems pretty cheap for a complete screen. I was hoping they'd write it off, but was expecting them to just re-glue the LED diffuser (and hopefully the rest of them as well).

Oh well, back to normal now, and the dog's happy that he can watch the big screen in the house, rather than the 40" in the shed.

i paid £1600 for the 4k, 3d panasonic viera and practically all the covers have fallen off leaving all the led bright spots visible .     I called panasonic technical help line and was given the brush off , the tv is only 4 years old .

I'm going to call them again armed with this information.  

thank you 

On 01/09/2019 at 7:00 PM, fed up customer said:

i paid £1600 for the 4k, 3d panasonic viera and practically all the covers have fallen off leaving all the led bright spots visible .     I called panasonic technical help line and was given the brush off , the tv is only 4 years old .

I'm going to call them again armed with this information.  

thank you 

Hi Fed Up Customer,

Is your TV the CX800 range? I had the same problem, paid £1600, 24 months later, 4 white light spots, Panasonic changed the whole panel, now 20 months later, 3 white light spots!!!!!!!!

Wow... i just picked one up in our strata complex's garbage room- which is the source of lots of goodies thrown out for no good reason. I got the TH-55CS610A model which is a beaut picture. it has three white marks on the screen which didn't really even bother me too much but now that i see a fix here... I'm extremely pleased! thanks everyone for your valuable insights and contributions. cheers Dan :)