Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Lose It !

5 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

Great work Al, keep it up.  Only benefits, no draw backs for you and your family.  It doesn't matter how you get there, just keep working towards those goals!

thanks kaynin what am thinking ! :) im determined. this will be WAY below anything I can ever remember weighing ! but what the heck .... Going where I have never gone before :D 

Good work, absolutely nothing to lose (except the weight!).  You lose 10 kg and feel like you gain 10 years!

6 minutes ago, evil c said:

Time to celebrate al, must organise a long lunch involving plenty of courses and drinks.

Yum cha perhaps!,?? 🤔

:D

sounds like a plan !

we just came back from the little trad italian pizza place down our way

next friday ? :)  yumcha sounds great ! 😋

[emoji3]

sounds like a plan !

we just came back from the little trad italian pizza place down our way

next friday ? [emoji4]  yumcha sounds great ! [emoji39]
You were meant to resist temptation al!!
Think of me as the devil on your shoulder! [emoji23]
My gotta work on the self control angle methinks, speaking of which I could probably take a leaf from your book and aim to carve off a few kilos.
Must pump up the tyres of the Pushy and start pumping the pedals![emoji848]

Will be in touch re.day off diet !,[emoji6]

1 minute ago, evil c said:

You were meant to resist temptation al!!
Think of me as the devil on your shoulder! emoji23.png
My gotta work on the self control angle methinks, speaking of which I could probably take a leaf from your book and aim to carve off a few kilos.
Must pump up the tyres of the Pushy and start pumping the pedals!emoji848.png

:D it was a trap ! I should have known :D 

excercise is all good... but I'm finding the secret of the pudding is not in the eating !  😂

that said ...

1 minute ago, evil c said:

Will be in touch re.day off diet !,emoji6.png

I'm all for this kind of thing.... gotta have some respite ! 

I'm all for this kind of thing.... gotta have some respite ! 
Glad to hear not all self sacrifice, reward well earned by the sounds. [emoji106]

gosh been quiet here ! and i have slipped ....

school holidays and family celebrations and other (any excuse) hasn't helped. and what I lost some went back on again

but on the fight back.... have lost a kg this week ! back onto the daily exercise and sticking to the one MAIN meal and others more snack sized. also working on cutting out processed foods (the cr@p)

the good thing about lose it is I can look back and see what worked .... in my major weight losses prior and for inspiration....

one major thing I have been doing for the last two weeks is keeping a bit of a closer watch on my sleep...

I heard a presentation from a very smart lady from caterpillar a month or so ago. and she talked of the importance of sleep. how they monitored (with a sleep band) their workers as lack of sleep can relate to equivalence of well over 0.05 in workplaces. also the huge impact it has on general well being, mental health and also weight ! sleeping more helps you loose weight :D ie less lethargic ! 

I downloaded an app "auto sleep" and am using my watch, like "lose it!" this one is free too

http://autosleep.tantsissa.com

SleepClock.png?attachauth=ANoY7coHlekiKe

its quite a revelation actually. the amount of deep sleep, restless sleep, and also a "readiness" when awake in the morning. amazing really ! 

on days ive got up feeling a bit Carp ... I can now see why ! :D anyways yet another little thing to help me along with things....

ps article below from the age/smh on how sleep can improve your health and well being. something a focus for athletes apparently 

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/health-and-wellness/we-can-all-benefit-from-the-secret-training-tool-of-athletes-sleep-20191007-p52yae.html

"Science has confirmed what many tired workers already suspected: we can all benefit from the performance-enhancing technique athletes are being encouraged to embrace – more sleep.

A new review, looking at the benefits of sleep on athletes’ mental and physical performance, provides a wake-up call about health advantages to be gained from adequate sleep.

Traditionally, sleep has not been a primary focus in the training regime of athletes, but it has “significant implications” for health, according to a University of Washington-led team of researchers who have published their findings in the British Journal of Sport’s Medicine.

They found adequate sleep is “critically important” for physical and academic performance, cognitive function, recovery from athletic exertion and injury, mental health and cardiometabolic health.

Regularly sleeping less than eight hours a night was associated with diminished cognitive and psychological tolerance, mood and mental health as well as significantly higher rates of illness.

“One potential mechanism may be that increases in proinflammatory cytokines following sleep loss could promote immune system dysfunction,” the authors suggested.

Sleeping eight or more hours during weekday nights, on the other hand, was associated with 61 per cent lower chance of injury, improved performance on mental tasks, greater accuracy in physical tasks as well as faster reaction times. However, 42 per cent of the university athletes studied reported having poor sleep.

“Elite athletics programmes are beginning to recognise that collegiate athlete health and performance can be improved through sleep optimisation,” the authors said.

However, about 35 per cent of Australian adults regularly suffer from a lack of sleep, and mounting evidence shows it has a significant impact, says Professor Greg Roach from the Appleton Institute for Behavioural Science.

“To a certain extent, sleep is seen as an activity that can be substituted for waking activities,” says Roach, whose research focus is sleep. This means that we often think we can get more done if we are awake more and asleep less. “But of course there is a price to pay ... sleep benefits both the body and the brain.

“Given how essential sleep is for the body and brain, we argue that you will get more out of 16 hours of wake if you have 8 hours in bed, than you will get out of 18 hours of wake if you have 6 hours in bed – particularly over the long-term.”

Roach says sleep promotes human growth hormone, “which is essential for the reproduction and regeneration of cells”; it is essential to immune function, resulting in a “three-fold reduction in the likelihood of developing a cold after exposure to virus”; and more than six hours sleep a night is associated with lower rates of obesity, type 2 diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.

The brain benefits of sleep include cognitive function (e.g. attention, processing speed); learning in the absence of practice; decreased feelings of discomfort and pain as well as improved capacity to cope with stressors.

For anyone without a sleep disorder, making sleep a part of our health routine starts with making time for it.

“Healthy sleepers convert about 90 per cent of time in bed into sleep – so if you need 7.5 hours sleep, you have to spend 8.3 hours in bed,” says Roach.“It doesn’t matter how well you sleep, if you only spend 6 hours in bed, there is no way you can get your 7.5 hours of sleep.” "

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, betty boop said:

I downloaded an app "auto sleep" and am using my watch, like "lose it!" this one is free too

so when are you charging your watch? The 1 downside I see with many more sophisticated wearables is the need to charge them so you can't monitor 24/7. I charge mine whilst sleeping and monitor daily activity.

Edited by blybo

6 minutes ago, blybo said:

so when are you charging your watch? The 1 downside I see with many more sophisticated wearables is the need to charge them so you can't monitor 24/7. I charge mine whilst sleeping and monitor daily activity.

yes this was my first conundrum... the first thing I noticed it actually hardly uses any battery at all while I am asleep. ie literally charge level doesnt change. but what i am doing is first thing i do when get up is plonk it on a charge while i get ready etc for the day and usually not wearing the watch while having a shower and such :D 

Since i also have a relatively sedately job... ie mostly desk bound ...i also pop on charge for a short while every morning. its amazing how quickly actually charges ....and then pop on again. it doesnt miss much if any day time :)

5 minutes ago, betty boop said:

yes this was my first conundrum... the first thing I noticed it actually hardly uses any battery at all while I am asleep. ie literally charge level doesnt change. but what i am doing is first thing i do when get up is plonk it on a charge while i get ready etc for the day and usually not wearing the watch while having a shower and such :D 

Since i also have a relatively sedately job... ie mostly desk bound ...i also pop on charge for a short while every morning. its amazing how quickly actually charges ....and then pop on again. it doesnt miss much if any day time :)

maybe I'll try charging between wake up and leaving the house of a morning. I know these charge pretty quickly and I usually have 90 minutes or so between getting up and leaving for work/school run. Perhaps also could charge during my usual TV hours of an evening.

8 minutes ago, blybo said:

maybe I'll try charging between wake up and leaving the house of a morning. I know these charge pretty quickly and I usually have 90 minutes or so between getting up and leaving for work/school run. Perhaps also could charge during my usual TV hours of an evening.

yep ....  theres plenty of time I'm just sitting around :D