Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Lose It !

13 minutes ago, betty boop said:

why would you want to cut back on the water  ? 

Less pea stops?

25 minutes ago, rocky500 said:

Less pea stops?

exackery. I also tend to get drinks from a servo so get tempted by the no sugar coke rather than straight water. I don't like cold water from the fridge either. I do intentionally have an electrolyte water each morning on a trip to make up for the apple cider vinegar concoction I have at home which gets salts added to it. That stuff is bloody horrible, but does seem to help with weight loss and also has a heap of health benefits, foremost for me is the reduction in blood sugar levels. I skull a diluted drink of that and then 2 big glasses of water to rinse the foul taste out of my mouth.

https://www.longevitylive.com/live-healthier/drink-apple-cider-vinegar-daily/

I usually try and drink at least 3 "bidons" of water when not travelling, which are 700ml cycling water bottles. I start each trip with a full 1 too.

1 hour ago, rocky500 said:

Less pea stops?

ah i see... I dont mind those... tend to look out for the community /  info centre stops and such rather than servos for same reason blybo quotes above, too tempting all the things they have there !

Woohoo ! Got to a significant milestone !

0CD7F5D4-E190-4170-8CA0-9CE3DB8E82E6.png

10kg lost since dec last year ! Plenty of peaks troughs and such, plenty of plateaus !

now on home run to the GOAL which is 3kg. Away... so close yet feels so far ...

family celebration tonight so burnt some energy out the bank this morning with a 7km run and 3km walk back... 

interesting weeks ahead with masters study on the side kicking off again next week, plus some interstate travel as well. Will have to find some balance amongst all that :)

ps with some 15kg lost all up pretty chuffed with things but not kidding my self on effort needed for the final stretch !

Posted (edited)

Well done. As I've already said, I found the intermittent fasting an awesome way to avoid weight gain while travelling. I simply don't eat between 8pm and midday. The first few times you try it you may feel quite hungry, but it quickly passes. Although it tastes foul, the apple cider vinegar mixed with water and lemon juice does help get me through to lunch time, wakes me up more than my coffee does too. If you want to try it, get the Bragg brand "with the mother" which is basically beneficial sediment in the bottle.

325452.jpg

I finally broke thru the 93kg plateau this week. Was 92.8kg on Thursday morning. This puts me exactly halfway towards my (admittedly) optimistic goal of 80kgs. Really need to get my exercise up now that I'm getting back into some routine and (work) travel is finished with for a few months. Got a birthday coming up and my wife is planning at least 1 night away just for us, as we both need a re-charge. Work has been flat chat for both of us and we are run down. Both working today as well. Our Easter camping trip can't come quickly enough.

Edited by blybo

good to hear broken the plateau and your work travel is finished with blybo. mine continues just nature of my job but intermittent enough :) with my travelling this week with two day trips, I stayed pretty light. I dont really eat past 8pm anyways. and breakfast if grab is generally only a small piece of fruit. a small flat white i might grab around morning tea time is good enough energy wise to carry me through to lunch I find. again I can travel through with fruit through day. maybe one light sandwich or something at most. anyways lets see ....

I have next couple of weeks to make some ground. current weight is same when I got married 16 years ago... and if get to 82kg was what I weighed when met my wife :D and from what I remember as light as want to get to. and allows me to float between 82-85.

@blybo is 80kg too little for your height and such. seems a bit light on ? good you have some rest and relaxation planned sounds like things have been hectic... any sort of routine and balance can be tough i imagine in those sort of times :)

Not weight loss,

but it got a blood test result back...

total colestrol is 4.1....   from above 5.6!    😱   W T.....   how did I do that....  and why is it I have dementia on what i did to get that result?   One of my brother had a metal extender installed in his main artery and the other is on medication to keep it below 7.

I think I need to give credit where credit is due,  the Boss is a great cook, I’m so blessed!

20 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

Not weight loss,

but it got a blood test result back...

total colestrol is 4.1....   from above 5.6!    😱   W T.....   how did I do that....  and why is it I have dementia on what i did to get that result?   One of my brother had a metal extender installed in his main artery and the other is on medication to keep it below 7.

I think I need to give credit where credit is due,  the Boss is a great cook, I’m so blessed!

oh goodness ! I was a bit pushed on a few levels with my last medical.... partly reason for me pushing things in the health side of things.

hope something can get under control AM. so easy to blow out !  and yeah doesnt help if you love food ... and  I sure do  ! 

Reminds me probably time for another medical in coming months... I dont like visits to doctors :D 

9 hours ago, betty boop said:

Woohoo ! Got to a significant milestone !

0CD7F5D4-E190-4170-8CA0-9CE3DB8E82E6.png

10kg lost since dec last year ! Plenty of peaks troughs and such, plenty of plateaus !

now on home run to the GOAL which is 3kg. Away... so close yet feels so far ...

family celebration tonight so burnt some energy out the bank this morning with a 7km run and 3km walk back... 

interesting weeks ahead with masters study on the side kicking off again next week, plus some interstate travel as well. Will have to find some balance amongst all that :)

ps with some 15kg lost all up pretty chuffed with things but not kidding my self on effort needed for the final stretch !

Great work @betty boop, you're almost a middleweight !! :D 

It's great to see you and @blybo making real change, well done to the both of you !! :thumb:

I've actually been losing a little weight myself over the last couple of months as I noticed the little bit of pudge around the mid section getting worse.

Nothing as scientific as you with the calorie app and I don't even have a set of scales believe it or not... :unsure:

What I'm doing is similar to what @blybo is doing going down the fasting path.

My approach is a bit simpler though with a few days of the week I only have one meal for the day.

On the other days I keep to two meals though if I'm feeling good that evening I'll just keep going and finish with a single meal at the end of the night. (Work night shift now)

To keep a track of it I'm simply doing a pinch test around the mid section (sorry no measurements) and it definitely seems to be working for me with the pudge disappearing.

The only downside I've found is I can get a little dehydrated from fasting so just have to make sure I drink plenty of water.

Overall I feel good and the body seems to adjust so hunger is no issue.

It also means less expensive junk highway food which definitely can't be a bad thing !!

I've also doing some light exercise in the form of pushups and squats and definitely feel better for it.

I also have another very controversial confession to make though I might start a new thread for that.... 😬

Controversial confession :D keep us guessing @Martykt 

good to hest sucess on thr pinch effirts !

i agree on the one main meal, seems to be about what comfortable with these days :)

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, betty boop said:

Controversial confession :D keep us guessing @Martykt 

good to hest sucess on thr pinch effirts !

i agree on the one main meal, seems to be about what comfortable with these days :)

Confession is posted now.... reckon I might even give the Vegan thing a run for its money.... :ohmy:

Power cables still should hold the crown though for most controversial.... !! :D 

Edited by Martykt

Here’s my week day routine:

up at 5:00am

have no idea but somehow I have this urge to take a massive routine dump LOL must be an old age thing!

then warm up for 10mins to prepare for a 2.3km run that usually do 50 push-ups, leg stretches etc....

After the run, do some weights for 35minutes.  This preps me for the physical requirements that’s needed for the jobs I do! 

Have breakfast that usually involve fruit jam on toast a coffee and a bowl of oats with sultanas and other nice berries on top, and swallow 2000mg of fish oil and via doctors orders; vitamin D!  .LOL😆   Apparently I’m low in the vitamin D dept!

Lunch times involve a banana, apple, orange, pear or whatever’s in season and a can of 90-100gm tuna.  SOMETIMES in the nature of the job I work straight through lunch and never take a lunch break to try and get customers productive.

Go home and have a massive meal, whatever the Boss cooks and place on the table!   There’s one thing I do miss, is the soft drinks,  I only have one ones a week or 2!   When I feel need a sugar fix!   Or just to wash something down!  Mostly now down tap water if thirsty!

sometimes doing the morning physical routine hasnto be missed due to meetings and job requirements to be on site early like at 7:00am. A real drag!

57 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

Here’s my week day routine:

up at 5:00am

have no idea but somehow I have this urge to take a massive routine dump LOL must be an old age thing!

then warm up for 10mins to prepare for a 2.3km run that usually do 50 push-ups, leg stretches etc....

After the run, do some weights for 35minutes.  This preps me for the physical requirements that’s needed for the jobs I do! 

Have breakfast that usually involve fruit jam on toast a coffee and a bowl of oats with sultanas and other nice berries on top, and swallow 2000mg of fish oil and via doctors orders; vitamin D!  .LOL😆   Apparently I’m low in the vitamin D dept!

Lunch times involve a banana, apple, orange, pear or whatever’s in season and a can of 90-100gm tuna.  SOMETIMES in the nature of the job I work straight through lunch and never take a lunch break to try and get customers productive.

Go home and have a massive meal, whatever the Boss cooks and place on the table!   There’s one thing I do miss, is the soft drinks,  I only have one ones a week or 2!   When I feel need a sugar fix!   Or just to wash something down!  Mostly now down tap water if thirsty!

sometimes doing the morning physical routine hasnto be missed due to meetings and job requirements to be on site early like at 7:00am. A real drag!

quite an early daily start and quite a routine there AM, I'll have to think of my ongoing routine... I have a great push and thats to loose a chunk of weight...but it will have to change where am just working on stabilising...

I do think stability is about routine too.. its something I miss in my job as some days can be quite different to others ...early starts and later returns and have to figure out what I do with those .... 

I am trying to incorporate exercise into my day though and been working mostly ... apart from those disrupted days. still even if spent day in the car and get back 6-8pm ive still gone for an hours walk... which has been great to stretch the legs and fill the lungs with some fresh air as well. quite refreshing.. not sure how well that is going to work once winter comes around ! 

anyways having got to my target and wavering a tad... have decided why stop there ... so have set my self a next target :D 

I feel its needed or otherwise feel am like a ship afloat drifting. no sails up and rudderless...

so aiming for 76kg thats just under 10kg away.... lets see how that goes...

am still using the "lose it ! " app and putting in 76 kg as a goal its saying september.... :D

even if a bit optimisitic its well under kg a week and achievable .... if dont quite make it by then ... theres still christmas :D in time for next summer ...

so here goes again...

with a new wind in the sails with my continuing of the "cut out the cr@p" diet and cutting out processed foods and with the app at hand ... I'm sure i'lll get there ... eventually hehe

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, betty boop said:

anyways having got to my target and wavering a tad... have decided why stop there ... so have set my self a next target :D 

I feel its needed or otherwise feel am like a ship afloat drifting. no sails up and rudderless...

am still using the "lose it ! " app and putting in 76 kg as a goal its saying september.... :D

even if a bit optimisitic its well under kg a week and achievable .... if dont quite make it by then ... theres still christmas :D in time for next summer ...

so here goes again...

with a new wind in the sails with my continuing of the "cut out the cr@p" diet and cutting out processed foods and with the app at hand ... I'm sure i'lll get there ... eventually hehe

Great work Al, keep it up.  Only benefits, no draw backs for you and your family.  It doesn't matter how you get there, just keep working towards those goals!

Edited by Kaynin

8 minutes ago, betty boop said:

so here goes again...

Time to celebrate al, must organise a long lunch involving plenty of courses and drinks.

Yum cha perhaps!,?? 🤔