SOLD: FS: JBL Everest horns + optional B&C DCM-50 drivers

SOLD

Item: JBL Everest horns + optional B&C DCM-50 drivers
Price: $1300 for horns, $2100 for horns & drivers
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: time for new horn adventures
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

So several of us went down the path of building quasi-JBL Everest DD55000 clones. I love the Everest horns, largely because to me they don't sounds like horns in the sense that they don't have what i call horn colouration. Certainly the speakers shown are by far the best speakers I have ever had,

and indeed are one of the best speakers I have ever heard. I have had a few get togethers here and it seems this view is shared by others.  

So what is up for sale here are the JBL horns that are used for midrange.

This pair is not the first pair up for sale on StereoNet, but in my opinion these are the best, because: (i) they are filled with crushed garnet, (ii) they come with supports for the compression driver, and (iii) they are spray painted a beautiful grey colour (they look better IRL than they do in these photos).

Speaking of which, if someone wants to buy these horns, they have first dibs on the B&C DCM-50 compression drivers, which are a perfect match to the horns. They are in mint condition, and I am the original owner. I still have the original boxes (although they are under my house somewhere, and in any case they are simple cardboard boxes). See https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/249858-sold-fs-bc-dcm50-compression-drivers-2/ for more information on these amazing drivers.

Pictures: IMG_1210.JPG.7c04b6e187023aa88e84f850296fd58a.JPGIMG_1209.JPG.cab77e9be25a6818d0988c80c4c6d093.JPGIMG_1208.JPG.ed69304b90085e562944f5d3ae8570df.JPGIMG_1207.JPG.156c6579b4f63160e0dc0b9d5c66684f.JPG

• Like 2

I really admire you guys who experiment with seperate drivers and think outside the box 

They may not look like a million dollars and trendy to the eye.....But at the end of the day it is how they sound.

.............................................................GLWS ......................................................................

Do the horns have a 2" throat?  What dimensions are they?  What are the woofers?

I currently have JBL 2450 compression drivers on 2380 horns.  Crossing at 800Hz actively.

I wonder how different the Everest horns would be?