Marc

2019 MELBOURNE HI-FI SHOW DATES ANNOUNCED

Admin

Australia's most well-attended exhibition of hi-fi, home cinema and headphones, will take place in Melbourne, October 18th - 20th, 2019.

2019-Marketing_Web-Banner4.jpg

Some shows change city annually, however as Melbourne has proven to be the natural home of the StereoNET Hi-Fi Show, the event will remain in Melbourne for the foreseeable future.

Dates have been confirmed through to 2021:

2019 | OCTOBER FRIDAY 18TH - SATURDAY 20TH - Melbourne
2020 | OCTOBER FRIDAY 9TH - SUNDAY 11TH - Melbourne
2021 | OCTOBER FRIDAY 15TH – SUNDAY 17TH - Melbourne

For the die-hards, celebrating the show announcement, there’s a special offer on now with the first 250 3-Day Passes available for just $35 (a saving of $15). Students will be welcomed once again with $15 discounted tickets, along with free entry for all children under 18 (accompanied by an adult ticket holder).

Obviously, our interstate members will see this is a negative rather than a positive, and I do apologise to them. I do hope that with enough notice that we've provided you can make a weekend out of it and plan accordingly.

View the full article

Admin
54 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Cool....so  the rumour of it being in Sydney was exactly that then?

There was definitely talk of it, but it was decided after a lengthy process that Melbourne is the natural home of our StereoNET show. 

We have also worked hard together with industry members and other shows, to ensure there is no repeat of what happened this year as far as date clashes.

That's all I will say on that matter. 🙏

3 minutes ago, Marc said:

We have also worked hard together with industry members and other shows, to ensure there is no repeat of what happened this year as far as date clashes.

great result 👍👍

Poor result.

Was looking forward to a show in the Emerald City and meeting up with loads of members there. Even had accommodation offered and quiet plans underway.

Is it the expense of a Sydney sojourn for Sound Media and the difficulty of attracting high end exhibitors to a venue or existing exhibitors to a venue and the cost of a Sydney venue  that is the problem.

No need to answer as the decision is made.

Ever given any thought to a Brisbane International Hi-Fi Show?

Easier access than Sydney for a start and better weather than both Bleak City and Sydney not that weather is really a factor. but I reckon the  Brisbane City council area(biggest in the world apparently) and the Gold Coast area...gold mine for you in the making.

*So same old same old next year?

Is this a put down?

No it isn't, I'm just wondering at this very early stage where your heads at here. New exhibitors, new things happening, some more fine tuning to your product but...

Bigger and better would be the endgame obviously.

$35 is pocket change for most of us punters here so you've got value right there.

** I was really looking forward to going to Sydney Marc damn it.

@scuzzii and the former artist known as @Hensa were going to ply me with Biscotti Stout at some sleazy Darling Harbour joint.

Oh well.     Will be buying tickets shortly.

@Luc  we will have to find a sleazy place in melb to carry on the deep and meaningful convo. Not sure what it was, but I know it was deep and meaningful.  Count me in for the show (and artist formerly known as Hensa).

Maybe we do a SNA NSW Chapter at the show and rebook the Taproom and yes we'll let the Mexicans come too.

Ah, that's a shame. I understand though - good venues around Sydney Harbour are horrendously expensive. An international asia-pac conference I attend will come to Australia in a couple of years - can afford Hong Kong, Seoul, Yokohama, but not Sydney!

I see the other show is coming to Sydney next year and then back to Melb in 2020.

2020 | OCTOBER FRIDAY 9TH - SUNDAY 11TH - Melbourne
2021 | OCTOBER FRIDAY 15TH – SUNDAY 17TH - Melbourne

Is this a misprint? Saturday 20th