Anyone have a view on JL Audio products?

I considered them when buying a small sub-woofer about 6 months ago.

I've not heard one but I think they're a bit overpriced for what they deliver from what I read on paper.

I went with a Paradigm Seismic 110 instead.

Edited by Satanica

primarily a car audio maker gone with some home audio in some years though. their car audio stuff is very good all made in us, I ran an amp and sub in my last car from them, cant fault.

their home audio gear looks very well made, excellent quality just as their car audio gear is. some serious performance on tap. dont expect price to compare with more price seeking brands :)

If you like, I would get without hesitation :)

Yes,

i have pretty extensive experience with them, mostly the fathoms (dual f113 and then dual f212), I also owned dual e110’s recently. Have also owned probably in excess of 20 other subs from REL, Paradigm, Martin Logan, Krell and Velodyne.

I have never heard the dominion range though.

i think Jl Audio subs are amongst the very best available for music based systems, they are ultra clean and accurate and they seem to integrate very well with even some electro stats because of their clean response.

I think they can be easily beaten $ for $ in home theatre systems though by the bigger subs from svs, psa etc.

So it may depend on the application you want it for, ie music system, home theatre or a blend of the two.