Dynaudio Audience vs DM ranges Speakers

Hello, Friends

I am thinking to get either Audience or DM budget range of small bookshelf speakers and wondering if there is much difference between the two models.  If I understand correctly, DM series is later model of Audience and DM series is 6 ohm and Audience is 4 ohm impedance. 

Does anyone have experience in Audience 42 and DM 2/6 models?

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and impressions in advance. :) 

Edited by Spider27

Guest Mr Thorens

Hi. The Audience is superior, it's the earlier version of the Excite. I've had the DM2/6 and the audience 52 bookshelf variety. I don't know a lot about the technical differences but I felt the Audience sounded more refined than the DM especially in the top end and it cast a better image. 

25 minutes ago, Mr Thorens said:

Hi. The Audience is superior, it's the earlier version of the Excite. I've had the DM2/6 and the audience 52 bookshelf variety. I don't know a lot about the technical differences but I felt the Audience sounded more refined than the DM especially in the top end and it cast a better image. 

Thank you very much. 

If Audience is earlier version of Excite, then DM is earlier version of Emit series? 

Not sure how the hierarchy works in Dyn family and it sounds like Excite is higher than EM series? ?

Edited by Spider27

Correct, the excite series sits above the emit series.At the moment the hierarchy in general is:

Emit

Excite

Contour

Confidence

Dynaudio do have very hi end after the confidence series and the focus series which they no longer make. There is some suggestion that the new evoke range have replaced the focus series.

Hope this helps.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 11/12/2018 at 7:51 PM, Mr Thorens said:

+1 hadb oth the DM and Audience 50 and 70, preferred the Audience 50 over the DM. More "musical" and emotionally more engaging, for me anyway.  : )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyclingsteve said:

Correct, the excite series sits above the emit series.At the moment the hierarchy in general is:

Emit

Excite

Contour

Confidence

Dynaudio do have very hi end after the confidence series and the focus series which they no longer make. There is some suggestion that the new evoke range have replaced the focus series.

Hope this helps.

Spot on, the Evoke (some borrowed tech from Special 40) that fits right in between Excite and Contour. Quote from Otto of Dynaudio,

"Evoke is not a direct replacement of Excite, it is more fitting to see it as a replacement for the passive Focus line that was discontinued a few years ago. Evoke sits in the middle between Emit and Contour, replacing both Excite and Focus with a line of speakers that are all clear improvements compared to Focus. Evoke employs a lot of driver technologies derived from the Contour and the new Confidence"

The current Confidence will be replaced with new Confidence series starting from 20, 30, 50 and 60. This new series will also replace the current high end Evidence Platinum. But I'm afraid the Confidence is out of my reach. More info here.

Edited by Sirmorebeer
  • Like 1

@cyclingsteve @Sirmorebeer  Thank you so much for those info. Now, I understood how hierarchy works in Dyn Family.

I recently got Audience 42 and very happy with it (pairing with Mission Cyrus 2). I needed the speaker dynamic and punch at low volume level for desktop setup and Audience 42 was great for the purpose. I think that Dynaudio house sound suits my personal taste and if funds allow, I am keen to explore further up the chain. :)

• Love 1