Sign in to follow this  
AndreaB

SOLD: FS: Sugden A21a Series 2 Int. Amplifier

Item: Class A integrated amp 
Price: $1250 (negotiable within a reason)
Item Condition: 8/10 - minor scuff as shown in photo.
Reason for selling: Raising fund for new amp
Payment Method: Pickup preferred, but can post at buyer expenses (don't have original box but will be packed safely)
Extra Info: Bought from a SNA member some months ago with Cabasse Bora speaker and the pair had an excellent synergy. There is phono input but I can not confirm whether or not has the phono board. 

Thanks for watching.

Pictures:

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3473.jpg

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By thejt
      Item: Shanling MC-30 Music Centre (Valves)
      Price: $625 or $650 with Logitech Harmony 650 universal remote
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Too much gear
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Shipped - Direct Deposit
      Extra Info:

I am the second owner of this locally delivered 240V unit and I am sure I will regret selling this later. Ask anyone who has ever come across one of these and they will back me up with how they were blown away by this little unit. The build quality is excellent, thick aluminium body and heavy transformers. The design is well thought out with the feet all featuring levelling. The sound it makes is lush and although it seems like it would not create a generous amount of sound at 3W (Class A) I can fill a lounge room with gorgeous sound without even going half way on the dial. This is without even using easy to drive speakers, I had used Quad 11L and Dynaudio Contour 1.32E which are both only about 86dB. It has a pre-out should you want more power, but I tried using a Quad 909 and preferred it direct. The unit actually provided more bass on its own. Feature wise, CD player, FM and AM radio, 3.5mm input and RCA input which should cover everything you could want. 

The original owner lost the remote but the unit can be operated from the controls on the device itself. Volume adjustment is a bit of a chore like that though so I picked up a Logitech universal unit which I can include for an extra $25 (cost $70). A common issue with many Shanling CD players is the occasion pause during cd playback but this is occurs only very occasionally and lasts about 1 - 2 seconds before resuming. The MC-30 has been otherwise faultless. I have the original double box so can ship at buyers risk if desired but note it is fairly heavy. Great chance to get into valves or Class A amplification without too much outlay. Questions welcome and I will try to answer best I can. Donation on sale to SNA. Please look at all the glowey bits in the pictures!

Praise:

https://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/308shan/index.html

http://www.charismaaudio.com/products/shanling/mc30.htm

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By MAXXX
      Item:  Speaker cables (pair) , New Generation by Belden, 3m, terminated with banana plugs
      Price: $70  (Add $15 for postage)
      Item Condition: VGC
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal as friend , COD...
      Extra Info: Commercial Audio Cable, Rated-CL2, 2-10 AWG highly flexible stranded bare copper conductors with PVC insulation, PVC jacket with ripcord. Quality banana plugs on both ends, lockable.

https://edesk.belden.com/rohs/rohs.cfm?code=PF_5T00UP&lang=EN

• By cafe67
      Moved  from Mounts Bay Rd to Osborne Park (across from.WC hifi) 

New premises are bigger and getting more gear in. Impressed by their enthuiasm for the new store and range of gear. 

New M Levinson integrated amp playing  through M Logan speakers sounded good. 

• By Highpower
      Item: Denon PMA-880R Class A Integrated Amplifier
      Price: $300 
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Accumulated too much hifi gear and about to move to a new house
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only
      Extra Info: This Denon PMA-880R Optical Class A Integrated Amplifier complete with RC-156 remote control and Operating Instructions is in mint condition. This amplifier was made in Japan in 1993.  Amps made by Denon in this era were considered to be the best amps that Denon ever made. These amps hardly ever come up for sale.

I have owned this amplifier from new and it has been very well looked after. The amplifier and remote control still look brand new and are unmarked. It's whole life has been in a cabinet behind a glass door, which is why it still looks brand new.

This Class A integrated amplifier has a very clean, detailed and powerful output that is impressive for both analogue and digital sources. There are no crackles or hums present and it performs just as well as the day I purchased it.

The PMA-880R has a solid power supply that uses a shielded toroidal transformer, and a pair of large 12,000uF capacitors for voltage smoothing and a very substantial heat sink. It features a source direct switch for tone controls bypass and optical connection between amplifier stages for detailed sound. Speakers can be connected via A, B, A B front switching. The speaker binding posts accommodate bare wires or banana plugs. The power rating is 2 x 75W RMS at 8 ohms or 2 x 120W at 4 ohms. The Denon PMA-880R uses an Optical class A circuit design for optimum sound quality. Source Direct can be used to bypass tone controls. The Denon PMA-880R accommodates both MM moving magnet and MC moving coil Phono options via front switching.

The Denon PMA-880R has the following RCA inputs: Phono, CD, Tuner, Aux, DAT/Tape-1, DAT/Tape-2. The amp also has a Record Out Selector a headphone jack, and a loudness button.

The specifications are as follows:

Power output: 75 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)
      Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
      Total harmonic distortion: 0.02%
      Input sensitivity: 0.2mV (MC), 2.5mV (MM), 150mV (line)
      Signal to noise ratio: 76dB (MC), 94dB (MM), 110dB (line)
      Output: 150mV (line)
      Dimensions: 434 x 160 x 353mm
      Weight: 8.2kg
      Accessories: RC-156 remote control

• By MAXXX
      Item: NHT ST4 floor standers
      Price: SOLD
      Item Condition:
      Reason for selling: Upgraded, NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Excellent condition, happy to demo. No original boxes, so local sale only. Matching center speaker available for $150 extra.
      The ST4 is designed for applications requiring greater dynamics combined with full frequency response. The slender tower features two separate chambers; the top portion, which replicates the highly acclaimed Super Audio SB3 bookshelf system, and the lower portion, which contains a vented, built-in 8" subwoofer. This unique design approach provides the sonic finesse of our finest 2-way bookshelf with the added dynamics, extended bass and high output more typical of 3-way systems.The ST4 is bi-ampable to permit tuning low frequency response in difficult room placements. Available in gloss black only, stabilizers included. Recommended NHT center channel SC2.   "...After listening to the ST-4s, you may wind up permanently dissatisfied with small speakers. Big speakers sound, well, bigger, with more and better bass, livelier dynamics, and a larger sonic image than any small model could possibly muster. No 7-inch-tall unit, even one bolstered with heavyweight subwoofers, can compete with the mighty ST-4..."
            Specs:
      System Type: 3-way system, upper chamber-acoustic suspension, subwoofer chamber vented
      Drivers: 1' Fluid cooled neodymium magnet structure tweeter with NHT's proprietary aluminum heat sink. Mid-Woofer 6.5" polypropylene, high excursion. Woofer 8" polypropylene, long throw.
      Magnetically Shielded: Yes, except 8" woofer.
      Frequency Response: 31Hz- 22kHz +/- 3dB
      Crossover Frequency: 2.6kHz, 135Hz
      Sensitivity: 86dB (2.83V at 1M)
      Impedance: 8 ohms nominal
      Inputs: 5-way binding posts
      Recommended Amplifier Power: Minimum 15 watts/ch Maximum 200 watts/ch
      Dimensions: 38"H x 8"W x 12"D
      Weight: 47.5 lbs. each
      Finish: Black high gloss piano lacquer