Epson TW 9400 Owners Discussion Thread

On 21/10/2020 at 12:57 PM, jazzman1974 said:

hey guys, I know the TW9400 is 3D capable, do many of you use it for that purpose?

want to know what glasses to get that will sync with the pj.

I know you can get Epson glasses, but have also seen cheaper ones on eBay etc that say they are compatible

interested on your thoughts

No epson aren't even bringing in the glasses anymore. You need to find oem ones on ebay I'm afraid.

Actually I have 2 pairs I'd be happy to sell, used once and work fine. PM me if you want them.

Think they're $99 retail, does $60 a pair sound fair? 

• Like 1

On 21/10/2020 at 1:57 PM, jazzman1974 said:

hey guys, I know the TW9400 is 3D capable, do many of you use it for that purpose?

want to know what glasses to get that will sync with the pj.

I know you can get Epson glasses, but have also seen cheaper ones on eBay etc that say they are compatible

interested on your thoughts

I think I watched a 3D movie on one of my Epson pj's at least. Not sure if it was the 9400 though.

I used some old Samsung glasses I had from an old TV. Surprisingly they work with my Panasonic TV too, which don't even work with some genuine Pana glasses I have from an earlier model (maybe because that's a plasma TV?). Anyway, I don't like these glasses as they're flimsy, but glad they work with two devices besides what they're intended for and saves me having to buy more.

10 hours ago, oztheatre said:

No epson aren't even bringing in the glasses anymore. You need to find oem ones on ebay I'm afraid.

Actually I have 2 pairs I'd be happy to sell, used once and work fine. PM me if you want them.

I messaged you Richard. If Esoterica isn’t interested in the glasses, I’d gladly take them.

11 hours ago, oztheatre said:

Hey RIchard, have sent you a PM about the glasses

Cheers

J

1 hour ago, flamjam said:

I messaged you Richard. If Esoterica isn’t interested in the glasses, I’d gladly take them.

I would've been interested but he offered them to jazzman so... I didn't see Richard mention a price before anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/11/2020 at 1:58 PM, j19801110 said:

I have a pair of original Epson 3D glasses here that I used once only if anyone is interested. They don’t fit well over my glasses so I’m using bigger ones I got from eBay. ? 

I’m in Sydney. 

I'm interested mate. Will pm to discuss.

• 1 month later...

When setting up the projector if one side of the screen is slightly lower than the other is it best just to spin one of the wheels on the base of the projector to even it up? Or is there a setting in the actual projector?

19 minutes ago, Addikt said:

When setting up the projector if one side of the screen is slightly lower than the other is it best just to spin one of the wheels on the base of the projector to even it up? Or is there a setting in the actual projector?

Presume you're shelf mounting and that the image (not the screen) is slightly lower. Yes, you can just adjust one or more of the feet. If the screen isn't level you should fix it.

Just now, Quark said:

Presume you're shelf mounting and that the image (not the screen) is slightly lower. Yes, you can just adjust one or more of the feet. If the screen isn't level you should fix it.

Should add that if the image isn't rectangular and slightly trapezoid then the projector isn't at right angles to the screen. If that's the case turn the projector towards the slightly smaller side to get a rectangular image, then use lens shift to move the image back on to the screen. Don't use keystone adjustments - they're for cheap projectors and cause artefacts.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Quark said:

Should add that if the image isn't rectangular and slightly trapezoid then the projector isn't at right angles to the screen. If that's the case turn the projector towards the slightly smaller side to get a rectangular image, then use lens shift to move the image back on to the screen. Don't use keystone adjustments - they're for cheap projectors and cause artefacts.

Thank you. Projection picture is flush it's just a slight unevenness barely seen by eye. I know keystones are a no no. I will mess with the wheels on the base once I get the screen installed as I am currently just projecting on wall. 135" screen to be received in next week or two.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SynGen said:

Any recommendations for a good, well priced motorized 120-130” screen to use with the Epson EH-TW9400?

I’ve had a couple of Screen Technics screens and would buy them again. 

• Like 1

Im looking at picking up one of these soon to replace my Panasonic 8000 projector. Seen it locally a few times and was very impressed. Should be a good upgrade on my current projector which now seems to have some sort of dust on the lcd assembly and has now started flickering constantly.

34 minutes ago, Walksm8 said:

Does anyone have the Epson 3d glasses they are looking to offload? Looking for another pair

I don’t have a pair of the original Epson 3D glasses to compare with, but I sourced some Samsung 3D Active glasses (SSG-5100GB) off eBay. 

Seems to work well with the 9400. Not the most comfortable but works in a pinch. 
More cost effective I would think. Took a week+ to arrive (shipped from China on 12/11 arrived 20/11)

Loving my 9400. I use it every other day usually. I like to reserve it for movies and some movie-like series (The Boys, Stranger Things etc.) I really only watch NRL as far as sports go, and I'll use it for that too occasionally.

I have mine sitting on the top of a bookcase which works very well. It only just fits though, so was a pain to get positioned initially.

• Like 1

On 30/12/2020 at 12:00 AM, SynGen said:

Any recommendations for a good, well priced motorized 120-130” screen to use with the Epson EH-TW9400?

I bought a motorised Grandview 112 about 9 years ago and it has run flawlessly since. Good value screen IMHO. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Pio_fan2 said:

I bought a motorised Grandview 112 about 9 years ago and it has run flawlessly since. Good value screen IMHO. 

I just googled that. Not sure if it was one of the models in my research of screens, but it's almost perfectly sized for the space I have, allowing me to have the maximum screen size ? Being an unusual 112" (I don't recall seeing this size) makes it a good choice for me, so thanks for posting!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Esoterica said:

I just googled that. Not sure if it was one of the models in my research of screens, but it's almost perfectly sized for the space I have, allowing me to have the maximum screen size ? Being an unusual 112" (I don't recall seeing this size) makes it a good choice for me, so thanks for posting!

It's a good size I reckon. I sit about 4m away and is great. I'm still running an old Epson TW3200 which is on its second lamp. I still get a great picture but thinking it's maybe time to upgrade...hence the lurking in this TW 9400 thread.Here's the Grandview 112 which i've installed to come down in front of my Sony 65 OLED. 

20210109_160556.jpg

20210109_160552.jpg

20210109_160536.jpg

• Like 5

1272809042_IMG_4701(2).thumb.jpg.0910eb58e6a389a0a0a64c14cf9d0b4e.jpg 

I recently upgraded to the TW9400 (from Optoma UHD51) and I absolutely love it!  Much better contrast and colour reproduction than the Optoma.  I have mine perched on a shelf at the back of my room ?

• Like 1