CHORD HUGO TT2 DAC/PREAMP + KRAFTWERK PSU combo

Gieseler Audio

Well bhobba’s  replacement Hugo TT2 has finally arrived.

The first one had a few issues so I only had a short time with it.

The replacement is spot on and I must say as a DAC I am very impressed.

I did some careful comparisons using the supplied SMPS power supply and a standard Kraftwerk 15 V 2 amp unit.

Once again the difference was subtle but there was a clear and definite improvement for me anyway.

Just a little bit better separation and layering of instruments & a slightly improved soundstage.

I’m in the process of building bhobba a full Kraftwerk gold tune Enhanced 15v 4A version  that should be interesting.

Will get it over to Mike Lenehan’s on a good reference system and we can all do some comparisons again.

Stay tuned!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Well Clay got over to Mikes - his power supply performed brilliantly.

I haven't head it personally, but here is not the place to discuss the actual DAC - I will do a separate thread i the DAC section and on Rob Watt's forum for that.    But if anyone wants to hear it and what Clay's power supply does its down at Mikes so you can drop in and hear it and the difference Clay's supply makes.

BTW this is to in no way poo-poo the switching supply that comes with the DAC - it the best switching supply Clay has measured, but Clay's supply makes a clear improvement from those that have heard it.

Thanks 

Bill

Edited by bhobba
  • Like 1