Sign in to follow this  
Sime V2

Nuraphones: The Audio God’s gift to Heavy Metal

@Sir Sanders Zingmore basically the personalized setting sounds like any other pair of headphones that are favorable to yourself (saying that because everyone like things differently) but yes, the personalized setting is just what I call normal. 

But, when it comes to the profile they measure, there’s something in that. 

If you look below, my two profiles are identical, and my partners is different, and I’d bet that if I measured Fiona again, hers would most likely be the same. 

Listening to both profiles is hard to pick a difference. 

A5B0C232-7DA2-4DB1-A7EE-167E256E1847.png

When I did the kids profiles they were symmetrical / circular where as mine was more like the "simon 2" graphic above, which I expected as I have a problem with one of my ears.

I had not thought that they may have goosed the no-profile / profile test.

I enjoy my nura phones, and the friends and family discount also helped. I have 6 left ( not sure if they expire) is someone is going to purchase a pair let me know.

Oh I’m curious now. How good is the discount? 

Posted (edited)

Lol, my thread, my discount opportunity 😂@memota10% off

Edited by Sime V2

Sorry dude I need to go back to the start don’t I?!

3 hours ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

So presumably, the best way to test them is to bring your current headphones and compare them with the nuraphone personalised setting 

I tested them in Hong Kong and compared some average Shure 530 IEMs with me.

I thought the non personalised setting is a total gimmick and made to intentionally sound terrible - I remember thinking that the $25 Koss on ear headphones I have sound better. When personalised, the sound was improved, but any decent headphone I've heard sounds way better, and they lost credibility with me for trying to trick people. Super uncomfortable as well.

Have you seen the ads? They win the award for most annoying ads of 2018 and they plague my Facebook account. "Funky in the front row" is just bloated bass turned up way too, and I like a lot of heavy bass.

It reminds me of a Beats product, aimed at people that don't know what good sounds like (which is why I'm surprised you like these Sime, because you sure have a good ear with all the nuances you can hear. I'm happy you do thought because I love the concept of over ears on in ears.)

I'd rate my Sony 1000xm2 over these. Sennheiser HD6xx better than these. Shure SE215 better than these.

I wonder they fared on Headfi? I stopped reading over there. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Mike13 said:

It reminds me of a Beats product, aimed at people that don't know what good sounds like (which is why I'm surprised you like these Sime,

I like these the same way I can eat a $50 rib eye steak and then go to macdonalds after. 

Nowhere in my review did I say they perform better than the headphones I previously owned, I simply like them better. 

Everyone has a sound they prefer, and these headphones play music in the tone that I like mostly. My system at home does the same, but at a higher level. 

But you seem to dislike them because you also don’t like their advertising, and to me that’s nonsensical, sure they might be misrepresenting their product, and sure, most people don’t know what good sound is, but to be honest, if those people who don’t know pick these headphones, they are at least off to a good start, more so than the Apple earphone brigade. 

Like I’ve said, I’ve owned Bose, Sony, Beyerdynamic and Audeze, and these are the only ones I’ve stuck with. 

And you have to remember, being that they fit differently to all other headphones, there’s a break in period with them, it took me over a month for them to sit on my head without annoying me, now they are fine. 

Play the right kind of music that suits their tone, and they are a lot of fun. Like the title of this thread reads, they for me, are Metal heaven. Is there better, sure, but I bet I can’t where those and wash 20 dogs at work at the same time 😉

‘nd the noise canceling on these is superior to the Bose and the Sony’s, and my work is the best place to test that. I literally can’t hear anything else but the music with these, even a dog barking in my face (I don’t listen fairly loudly though)

The problem with us audiophiles is that is that we tend to hold everything to a standard, but you can’t with everything. 

These for $499 give me a fantastic time at work. If you can show me something better at that price or similar I’ll drop them in an instant. 

Their biggest competition is the Bose QC 35ii and I played them at work for 4 months before these, 6 hours a day, and after the Nura’s, the Bose had to be sold. There’s no Comparison for me, others maybe. 

Edited by Sime V2

1 hour ago, Sime V2 said:

I like these the same way I can eat a $50 rib eye steak and then go to macdonalds after. 

Excellent explanation. And I’m glad someone else does this too. 

But you seem to dislike them because you also don’t like their advertising, and to me that’s nonsensical,

That and fit and sound. Have to admit, mostly the first two, although I did think the others I mentioned were better. Everything is better than Apple EarPods (stock ones), but I like their advertising most of the time.

I literally can’t hear anything else but the music with these, even a dog barking in my face

🤣 that’s awesome. Worth it for that alone. I actually didn’t realise they had active noise cancelling. It’s like the Bose ontop of IEMs I wanted to try. 

@Mike13 actually, their active noise canceling is rubbish imo, I can hear wind noise coming through the speakers, but their passive alone is better than the competitors active (while music is playing, not necessarily when there’s silence)

I prefer to listen to speakers where possible use headphones when I want to take the music with me. I have a set of headphone for night time music listening so I don't upset the family.

I fly a reasonable amount and have done for many years. Many years ago I bought Bose Over the Ear, then On Ear and finally Bose IEM noise cancelling headphones. I found the IEM took up less space and are less restrictive when traveling. I work in a open plan office and didn't find the Bose cancelled out people talking loudly or general office noise that well.

I find I wear nura phones when I need to get something done and need to block everything out, or simply want to block everything out.

With all the information out there I set out to buy a pair and I just received my set today.

The only pairs that I can compare them with are the Bose QC35 and B&W P7's which I've owed and currently own.

My personal opinion is that the nura phones win hands down.  My only gripe was that it took me so long to set up as the software kept telling me it wasnt a tight fit (when performing the set up your meant to place the set above your ears in what is meant to be as air tight as possible).  Also I had problems with my laptop in setting the device up which is unrelated to the product.  Once I had the set up performing well I was able to perform an AB test with the B & W's and my sons' Bose QC35 and yes the auras won hands down on my listening.  

I was listening to some laid back music by Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu, some disco house and some netflix movies.

The  sound stage sounded very real with the mid range beautiful to listen to.

I read that the bass can be alittle too deep which I took into consideration when setting the 'front rear' setting.  The closer to the' front' sets the bass deeper which I initially found uncomfortable to listen to.  My initial preferred setting was alittle to the left off the middle. Afterwards I readjusted the settings to slightly more bass as I was surprised how little bass came out.

I also noticed before purchasing my pair that coupon discounts for the nuraphone existed and found a site that gave me $100 off but postage was around $60 so effectively i received around $40 off the price.  

Although my listening has been less than a couple of hours the difference was notable to the two aforementioned models.   I would just need to emphasis that setting up the aura's is an important process.

Anyway as they say to each to there own.

regards to all

@jimypeny2 I had fitment problems for the first few hours or so, but after that, it never fails, they take some time getting use too. My preferred immersion level is pictured. 

1C0F3AFD-9DDB-4FC6-8485-2A353094CF3E.png