SOLD: FS Vincent SA-T8 Pre Amplifier

SOLD

Item: Vincent SA-T78 Pre Amp
Price:  $1200   RRP was $2400
Item Condition:  Excellent
Reason for selling:  upgraded
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:  The SA-T8 was superceeded by the SA-T7 Pre/Dac,  the SA-T8 was a Pre only and the flagship preamp for Vincent.

Comes with 3x Psvane 12AU7-TII and 4x Black Treasure 12AX7-LS tubes and  Remote

Excellent working condition & very good exterior , has a few minor scratches

Sound wise its very detailed /open &transparent, runs very quiet ,good bass , vocals sound warm and natural ,  its not an overly romantic tube sound

Still sells in UK shops for  2,350 Pounds https://www.vincentshop.co.uk/sa-t8

Technical specs

• 20 Hz - 50 kHz +/- 0.5 dB,
  • Output voltage: 2 V
  • Total harmonic distortion: < 0.1 % (1 kHz, 1 Watt),
  • Input sensitivity: 240 mV,
  • Signal-Noise ratio: > 90 dB
  • Input impedance: 47 kOhm
  • Inputs: 4 x Stereo RCA, 2 x Stereo XLR
  • Outputs: 2 x Stereo RCA, 1 x Stereo RCA Rec Out, 1 x Stereo XLR,
  • 2 x 3,5 mm Jack sockets (Power Control)
  • double transformer
  • Colour: black
  • Weight: 10 kg
  • Dimensions (WxHxD): 430 x 135 x 370 mm

http://www.audioreview.com/product/amplification/preamplifiers/vincent-audio/sa-t8.html
 http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/tas-188-vincent-audio-sa-t8-preamplifier-sp-t800-monoblock-amplifier/
Pictures:

IMG_0410 (1).jpg

IMG_0411 (1).jpg

IMG_0413 (2).jpg

• Like 2

I’m also very tempted as my current pre is the weak link.

Two very knob questions, sorry. Are you the original owner? Just wondering as to how long the tubes have been used/ last before (even if) requiring replacement?

Without a “subout” if wanting to connect a sub, would you just use the second “out” to the active sub and would that also be then controlled buy the volume?

Cheers. 

Hi

Yes I'm the original owner, bought about 2 years ago from U&S audio in Preston tubes are about 12 months old and have about 300 hrs on them , you should easily get a few years out of these .

The sub would be connected to the other output , this is how I had my sub connected, the pre amp then controls the volume. Your welcome to come and have a listen  if your not sure, I still have my sub to show you how it works

Edited by half baked
spelling
  • Like 1

Sounds great, it would definitely crap over my WXC50 as the preamp ?

Is it still setup to have a listen to? What did you upgrade to? 

I purchased a set of Focal Aria 926 ex-demo. I had two listening sessions with two different setups and loved them. I already had an old Rotel and purchased a Marantz MM7025 as I needed a power amp and one of the demos was using a Marantz AV. Set it all up at home and was extremely disappointed ? Nothing like the shop. Not being able to afford much grab the WXC50 as a cheap nasty pre and it made a huge difference over the Rotel. So yeah I guess any thoughts on the Vincent-Marantz-Focal setup?

Cheers. 

18 hours ago, reeza78 said:

Sounds great, it would definitely crap over my WXC50 as the preamp ?

Is it still setup to have a listen to? What did you upgrade to? 

I purchased a set of Focal Aria 926 ex-demo. I had two listening sessions with two different setups and loved them. I already had an old Rotel and purchased a Marantz MM7025 as I needed a power amp and one of the demos was using a Marantz AV. Set it all up at home and was extremely disappointed ? Nothing like the shop. Not being able to afford much grab the WXC50 as a cheap nasty pre and it made a huge difference over the Rotel. So yeah I guess any thoughts on the Vincent-Marantz-Focal setup?

Cheers. 

Hey reeza, 

Focal Aria 926s are a great set of speakers. You should build your system around your strongest link. My room mate ran Focals with a Vincent pre / power and they were a magic combo.  A $1200 flagship quality tube preamp is a no brainer and will pair with the Focals unbelievably well.  

• Like 1