Los

FS: LENARD AUDIO Opal Class System

Item: Lenard Audio Opal Class System
Location:  Sale Victoria 3850. Auditions welcome. Will help with shipping to any location.
Price: $65,000 please read description
Item Condition: Fully refurbished as new condition
Reason for selling: Needs a new home
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD. 
Extra Info:

This Lenard white Opal system was commissioned in 1988. The charter was for the system to be (a) of the highest fidelity (b) the best JBL classic speaker components and (c) be capable of giving an experience of actually being at a real concert. The original commission budget for this this system in 1988 was $65,000.

Lenard systems are brought into the world by those with the means to do so. It is difficult to put a value on something that is virtually never sold in the secondhand market.

The true valuation can only be set by the new owner and will be respected. 

Anyone who knows Lenard systems will tell you their owners keep them for life. The person who charted this system also had his music room acoustically designed by the late Richard Priddle. The passage of time and an unforeseen change in circumstances has resulted in this system looking for its new home.   

The new owner will immediately recognise this system and will have an environment that is perfectly suited. Most of all he/she will be passionate about music and been longing for a system that transcends all limitations. 

This Lenard white Opal system is 4-way active. Each speaker stack has two x 15", a 12", a compression-driver horn and a slot radiator.  

Beside each speaker stack are the amplifier towers. Each amplifier tower has five 100 Watt valve amplifers. Each amplifier is Ultra-Linear, Class AB push-pull. All twenty KT88 valves have been renewed and the system is in as new perfect working order.

Each amplifier tower also has solid-state amps. The towers can be switched between valve amps and solid-state amps in real time. As yet no one has been able to pick the difference between the valve and solid-state amps. This being one of the many astounding achievements of Lenard design.  

The cabinets were originally diamond white. The system had been moved and stored and now resprayed satin white. This decision was made so the new owner could change the color to suit his environment or return it to its original diamond white with minimal extra cost.  

The system is being looked after and located in Sale Victoria.  One cannot speculate as to how this system performs, it must be experienced and will be made available for audition to all interested parties.  This system belongs to a dear friend of mine, I am listing here on his behalf.  Please PM me if interested and I will put you in direct contact with the owner.

Pictures:

LENARD_Opal_White_Victoria_Finished_v1d.thumb.jpg.cd803aec5132e0d18aee6402572f1eea.jpg

LENARD_Opal_White_Victoria_Tower_v1b.thumb.jpg.1ca076cc6e26fb4d2a0903f1f6ee7f27.jpg10945489_ScreenShot2017-11-07at1_47_25pm.thumb.png.67a1b4bd198ae0583998e1f8f3f653b0.png1811556311_ScreenShot2017-11-07at1_48_27pm.thumb.png.d9079c78de1d28aea686e5427cef2e00.pngWO1.jpg.d847f9529e5325cc8b6ab65f7b59e4a4.jpgWO.thumb.jpg.55959ebca4e21e97827a63eb9cd01701.jpg

There are only 4 of these valve towers in existence. 2 with the Canberra Opals, and these two. Built to last a lifetime and infinitely serviceable. 

2086866448_OpalValveTowerRightSide.JPG.fec3e2f86e431bcd9fe2c19352e5c868.JPG

System when it was originally commissioned. 

1561067797_WhiteOpal.JPG.3a99948bebe7c87719a720daf95b8312.JPG

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 1.48.00 pm.png

2.jpg

Not enough special characters on my keyboard but...

@#$@#$^@$%&@^$*%%^*%^&(^)&*)$*@&@!!!!!

1 hour ago, Los said:

The person who charted this system also had his music room acoustically designed by the late Richard Priddle.

Ohh wow, that a shock. Good bloke Richard.R.I.P. mate. Do you know when he died?

Having heard a much smaller pair of active Lenard’s I can only imagine how good these things are. A rare opportunity for one lucky buyer.