miksmiks84

Oppo UPD-205 or Pioneer UDP-LX800

I would seriously think twice in putting mods from any website.  If you have plans to do so get them to supply measured data to show the improvements because the OPPO105/205 are literally benchmark products at its price point, they are designed to measure extremely well with extremely low noise that’s considered branchmark.   The stock standard SMPSU is fully regulated to all areas both video and audio and I can’t see how this link to a “Linear supply” will improve things.  Why f. K. up a well implemented well design that’s designed to measure well,   Measuring well tells you that everything works.  Why tinker with a perfectly implemented device? 

33 minutes ago, TerryO said:

@Tasso has purchased one for his 205, so have been waiting for him to give a in depth report back about how it is going. 

Has he got a 203 or 205 ? Anyways look forward to his posting :)

18 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

I would seriously think twice in putting mods from any website.  If you have plans to do so get them to supply measured data to show the improvements because the OPPO105/205 are literally benchmark products at its price point, they are designed to measure extremely well with extremely low noise that’s considered branchmark.   The stock standard SMPSU is fully regulated to all areas both video and audio and I can’t see how this link to a “Linear supply” will improve things.  Why f. K. up a well implemented well design that’s designed to measure well,   Measuring well tells you that everything works.  Why tinker with a perfectly implemented device? 

I tell you this much it’s well shielded and separated physically other side to analogs and it’s supply

i myself only discovered the switch mode as was literally taking whole player apart and saw the shielding removed it to see under :D

55 minutes ago, betty boop said:

I tell you this much it’s well shielded and separated physically other side to analogs and it’s supply

i myself only discovered the switch mode as was literally taking whole player apart and saw the shielding removed it to see under :D

For a multifunctional (jack of all trades) device with the wifi built in its perfect in every way.  

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-oppo-udp-205-uhd-player.3660/

when i I saw these measurements I set out with intent to purchase, but unfortunately I was too late, I should have bought one heavily discounted when It was 1st introduced at the beginning of the year.  Not only that it employ a OPA1612 which are very highly regarded, add the ESS9038PRO and it’s something else!  

Edited by Addicted to music