New McIntosh

Not far off of being a copy of a PrimaLuna Dialogue HP Premium Integrated in looks. 

It Would be interesting to see a comparo one day of the two similar amps. Given that the McIntosh is nearly five times more expensive it would want to be pretty amazing.

cheers Terry

• Administrator

PrimaLuna-DiaLogue-Premium-HP-Integrated

MC2152-Angle-Left-green-tubes-background-hi-res-1024x684.jpg

They both have valves and two knobs. I can see the similarity! ?

I don't think McIntosh needs nor wants to copy PrimaLuna IMO.

As far as styling goes, the McIntosh wipes the floor with the PL.

As I said it would be interesting to see a comparo of the two similar designed amps.

cheers Terry

*Edit. ... actually I was incorrect, yes with the cage off it looks like a Dialogue HP, but wiith the cage on it actually looks more like a Prologue Classic. Either way I'm sure the limited edition Mac will be a very nice bit of gear.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by TerryO

• Administrator
4 hours ago, kelossus said:

I think the pricing takes into consideration they are only making 70.

Would be interesting to see  how many actually end up in Australia. Very few I would imagine.

Only one set (so far) which I believe is headed Brisbane direction. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, TerryO said:

As I said it would be interesting to see a comparo of the two similar designed amps.

cheers Terry

*Edit. ... actually I was incorrect, yes with the cage off it looks like a Dialogue HP, but wiith the cage on it actually looks more like a Prologue Classic. Either way I'm sure the limited edition Mac will be a very nice bit of gear.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ugly with the cage on I reckon. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Marc said:

Ugly with the cage on I reckon. 

As strange as it might sound one of the attractions I have to valve amps is seeing the actual valves, especially when lit up. Once covered up and out if sight then it is not quite the same and yes unfortunately the new limited edition Mac with the cage on looks a little ordinary.

cheers Terry

• Like 1