802491365_IMG_1154(1).jpg.2e212495528dad59ee78e7303fd339ca.jpg

1627537672_IMG_1150(1).jpg.74ee30dac356832abb77d61b5e5b2760.jpg

1412261235_IMG_1151(1).jpg.a98d59a172bbfbe8bfff2dcbb9607a66.jpg

1603487205_IMG_1153(1).jpg.797e5e1c3d1d3a474abb869bf3b84463.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg.bfcded8d8de33e503077e5d2aa61f696.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg.1ca3596ce9e7077b615c7496cafe50a9.jpg

1594577440_IMG_1146(1).jpg.a893f770e0a3022defbd36fe5a576d8e.jpg

A sample of the reviews these speakers received

Jonathan Valin of Absolute sound  …”he Magico Q1 is the highest-fidelity stand-mount two-way I’ve yet heard. It is not just a little better than its predecessor, the Mini II, it is a whole lot better in every sonic regard. Switching from the Mini II to the Q1 (on the same sources with the same electronics) is almost exactly like switching from an LS3/5a to a Quad 57—or for that matter from an M5 to a Q5, only in a couple regards the Q1 is better than the Q5.”

Above the bass range, the Q1 is a dynamic dynamo (as was the Mini II, to be fair), although because of the unusually smooth blend of tweet and mid/woof (and the lower noise of its enclosure) that dynamism has a less roughed-up, lower distortion, more civilized feel. The new Q is also—with the right source components—a paragon of transparency and resolution, reproducing subtleties like Joan Baez’s and Melody Gardot’s tremolo with the clarity, delicacy of timbre and texture, dynamic range, and sheer “in-the-room-with-you” realism of an electrostat, albeit with more body and dimensionality than a ’stat.

Naturally, the Q1’s soundstaging is vast (when the recording permits) and the speaker disappears into the soundfield—as all minis do—so completely that you have little-to-no sense of the sound being projected from or painted on drivers and faceplates. On top of this, the Q1 (like the Mini II before it) does not miniaturize instruments, although it does focus them a bit more crisply than the Mini did. Thus something like the concert grand piano in the aforementioned Dessau LP has the height, volume, and most of the power of a piano reproduced by a much larger multiway loudspeaker.”

“It goes without saying that I highly recommend the Magico Q1 to all but the hardest of hard-rock music lovers. It is, as I said, the highest-fidelity, fullest-range, most transparent-to-sources two-way I’ve come across (and I’ve heard a few). It is also, in my experience, one of the two finest speakers—the other being my beloved Q5s—that Magico has yet come up with. (I haven’t had enough listening experience with the Q3 to include it in the charmed circle, although by all reports it too may very well belong among the Magico elect.) For listeners in small-to-medium-sized rooms who can’t house (or won’t stand for) big boxes or large panels that clutter up the décor, or for classical/jazz/acoustic-pop music lovers in any size room who want very close to the ultimate in transparency, resolution, and refinement at much less than a Q3/Q5 price, the Q1 would definitely be the Magico ticket I’d ride.”

Awareded Select component by Soundstage! Ultra –

“In reducing Magico’s Q series to its essence in a two-way stand-mount, the Q1 performs its own magic trick, unfolding what in lesser monitors remains miasma. Almost shocking in its ability to exceed expectations, it left agape the mouths of a string of visitors to my listening room. The visceral results ranged from tormenting to thrashing to unexpected, beckoning depths, but were most notable when the Q1s reproduced bass passages, from orchestral crescendos to hard-rock drum kits. 

My time with the Magico Q1s is over, but they are not forgotten. They have left on my ears an indelible mark. “

Hi-Fi Plus – Alan Sircom

By making a loudspeaker that works in a small room and delivers unparalleled bass response, Magico has answered the Big City Audiophile question. Those who have enough money to afford speakers like Q1s tend to make their wealth in cities. And if they live in the big city where the money happens (be it London, New York, Tokyo, Frankfurt, Singapore or what have you), space is often at a premium. The traditional loudspeakers the size of a garage door will not work in a room 3m wide and 4m long, but even that space may set the listener back a fortune.

This is perhaps the most important loudspeaker I’ve ever sat in front of. Why? Because it doesn’t try to bend the rules of physics. Instead, it shows us just how much more we can get out of the physics if we try really hard. Magico’s Q1 demonstrates that real-world and honest bottom-octave sound is possible from a two-way standmount sealed box loudspeaker, and from a speaker design that isn’t the size of a large fridge. That throws down a challenge to all – if the Q1 can do it, why can’t your speaker? Hopefully, others will rise to the challenge, and that suddenly raises the standard for audio across the board.

And there’s more! For those who can’t afford the Magico Q1, you should still be happy this loudspeaker exists. This is the Formula One car of our world. Things that go on inside this speaker are being watched by intellects vast and cool and sympathetic to the audio cause, just as things that go on inside a Formula One car are watched by those looking to create the next generation of production car. What the Q1 does is create a trickle down set of ideas for subsequent generations of loudspeakers (whether or not they have a Magico badge on the front). That way, audio gets just a little bit better at doing its job. Of course, if you buy the Q1, you get to be the audiophile equivalent of a Formula One driver.

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1153 (1).jpg

IMG_1152 (1).jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

Edited by Fikub33
Tidied up photos
  • Like 2

Thks for the comment, Yes, they are unbelievably good for what looks like such a simple speaker but they come at a price as with all things Magico! .  I had to go a long, long way to improve on them and still think that "better" is a matter of taste rather than outright improvement at the level these perform.  

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:36 AM, Fikub33 said:

Thks for the comment, Yes, they are unbelievably good for what looks like such a simple speaker but they come at a price as with all things Magico! .  I had to go a long, long way to improve on them and still think that "better" is a matter of taste rather than outright improvement at the level these perform.  

What did you end up replacing them with?