TerryO

Speaker & Interconnect Cables

As many long time members would know I am a recent blow in having only been a member and been back into Hifi for the last 18 months or so. The reason I mention this is because I am sharing my limited experiences so would appreciate feedback on the conclusions I have come too.

Speaker and interconnect cables are a topic that always gets interesting and sometimes heated feedback when an opinion is offered.

I have taken advantage over time when ever I have had the where with all to purchase interesting used speaker and interconnect cables when they pop up for sale.

I tend to be a hoarder of gear rather than selling things like cables on if I buy new ones and over time I'm glad that in general I have kept the various discarded cables. The reason being as I have had quite a number of changes in gear since coming back into Hifi the one thing I have found is cables that don't work well in one system can work marvellously when even one bit of gear is swapped in our out and vice versa what was previously the cables that sounded the best out of the collection I have can seriously loose their listening appeal very quickly when some thing new is swapped in and I then go through the process of comparing the various cables I have collected back to back with the updated system.

My question to the collective wisdom is have other members had similar experiences?

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO

Did the comparison thing back in the 80's and 90's.This got me experienced in listening. These days. I listen, find something neutral and reasonably transparent and leave it at that. For sure there is going to be something better out there, but I cant be bothered anymore going further. Plus tinitis is starting to move in.

11 hours ago, frednork said:

Yep, one systems meat is another systems, errmmm, anti-meat

That is one way of putting it. ... :winky:

cheers Terry