Sign in to follow this  
muzzagruzz

EXPIRED: FS: Cymer Mono Ultra Linear Valve Amp (designed and made by Elson Silva)

Item: Cymer Mono Ultra Linear Valve Amp (designed and made by Elson Silva)

Location: Sydney Price: $1750 plus delivery/packing by courier if required.

Item Condition: Excellent

Reason for selling: NLR

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only

Valves: 6072A, 12AT7, EL34

Weight: 10.0 kg  

Dimensions: 420(w)x390(d)x75(h)  

Extra Info:

Beautifully made and designed by one of Australia's premier valve amplifier designers - Elson Silva.  

Purchased secondhand from Dr Rod Crawford in April 2018 and only used sparingly by me since.  I understand it is approx. 5 years old and Rod told me that he didn’t really use it much in that time, so plenty of life in the valves.  Rod requested that a passive volume control be installed, however, as it was designed as a power amplifier I asked Elson to convert it back to that. The below modifications were completed.  

This is a beautifully designed valve power amplifier with liquid smooth performance.  I had it powering my Legend Kurre 9 bookshelf speakers and it played them beautifully.  With these speakers connected, the Cymer provides approximately 45 to 47 watts RMS and even with the relative inefficiency of the Kurre’s, at 84 dB, it was more than enough to extract wonderful detail and solid bass performance.  

I should add that this amplifier outperformed a Luxman L507-uX costing $8k! It did so quite easily too.  

Works beautifully with an ME preamplifier!  

The speckles on the perspex is just dust.  

Modifications:

1.     Passive volume control removed;

2.     New Perspex front panel installed;

3.     New higher quality RCA’s installed;

4.     Plates above power transformers resprayed in black;

5.     Bias adjusted  

Thanks for looking.

0001 - 1.jpg

0001 - 2.jpg

0001 - 3.jpg

0001 - 4.jpg

0001 - 5.jpg

0001 - 6.jpg

0001 - 7.jpg

It is stereo rather than mono isn't it?

3 minutes ago, aab said:

It is stereo rather than mono isn't it?

Yes, it is a stereo power amplifier. However, if you were to cut the thing in half  it would be two mono amps - designed that way. 

13 hours ago, muzzagruzz said:

Yes, it is a stereo power amplifier. However, if you were to cut the thing in half  it would be two mono amps - designed that way. 

Your description should then read 'dual mono'.

This advertisement has been withdrawn or the offer has expired.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Anthonyh
      Item: CYMER KT88 VALVE AMP BY ELSON SILVA
      Price: $1500
      Item Condition: Excellent Second Hand
      Reason for selling: Upgrade
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Hand built by Elson Silver. Purchased direct from the man himself about 18 months ago. Near perfect cosmetically. Very low hours. Warm full sound as would be expected. I paid $2800 for this unit. Would suit new buyer. Any questions please feel free to ask.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By muzzagruzz
      Item: Cymer Dual Mono Ultra Linear Valve Amp (designed and made by Elson Silva)
      Price: $1550 plus delivery.  FIRM
      Reason for selling: NLR & too many amplifiers
      Payment Method: Pickup or delivery
      Dimensions: 420(w)x390(d)x75(h)  

Extra Info:

$1500 for Sydney pick up! 

Beautifully made and designed by one of Australia's premier valve amplifier designers - Elson Silva. 

Purchased secondhand from Dr Rod Crawford in April 2018 and only used sparingly by me since (not used for a while now and safely tucked away).  I understand it is approx. 5 years old and Rod told me that he didn’t really use it much in that time, so plenty of life in the valves.  Rod requested that a passive volume control be installed, however, as it was designed as a power amplifier I asked Elson to convert it back to that.  The below modifications were completed.  

This is a beautifully designed valve power amplifier with liquid smooth performance.  I had it powering my Legend Kurre 9 bookshelf speakers and it played them beautifully.  With these speakers connected, the Cymer provides approximately 45 to 47 watts RMS and even with the relative inefficiency of the Kurre’s, at 84 dB, it was more than enough to extract wonderful detail and solid bass performance.  

I should add that this amplifier outperformed a Luxman L507-uX costing $8k! It did so quite easily too. 

Modifications:
      1.     Passive volume control removed;
      2.     New Perspex front panel installed;
      3.     New higher quality RCA’s installed;
      4.     Plates above power transformers resprayed in black;
      5.     Bias adjusted  

This has had a price reduction of $200 from the previous listing, so that virtually pays for the modifications. 

Thanks for looking.

• By muzzagruzz
      Price: $1750 plus delivery/packing by courier if required. Willing to trade, plus cash your way, for mint condition Sonus faber Cremona Auditor M with stands.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only
      Dimensions: 420(w)x390(d)x75(h)

Extra Info:

Purchased from Dr Rod Crawford a few months ago and only used sparingly by me since.  I understand it is approx. 5 years old and Rod told me that he didn’t really use it that much in that time, so plenty of life in the valves.  Rod requested that a passive volume control be installed, however, it was designed as a power amplifier.  I took it to Elson to convert it back to what it was designed to be, a power amplifier. The below modifications were completed.

This is a beautifully designed valve power amplifier with liquid smooth performance.  I had it powering my Legend Kurre 9 bookshelf speakers and they sounded gorgeous.  With these speakers connected, the Cymer provides approximately 45 to 47 watts RMS and even with the relative inefficiency of the Kurre’s, at 84 dB, it was more than enough to extract wonderful detail and solid bass performance. 

I should add that this outperformed a Luxman L507-uX costing $8k! It did so quite easily too. 

As much as I’d love to keep it, I have other plans.

Modifications:
      1.     Passive volume control removed;
      2.     New Perspex front panel installed;
      3.     New higher quality RCA’s installed;
      4.     Plates above power transformers resprayed in black;
      5.     Bias adjusted

Thanks for looking.

• By muzzagruzz
      Price: $1750 plus delivery/packing by courier if required. I've used Couriers Please previously and am happy with them.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only
      Dimensions: 420(w)x390(d)x75(h)

Extra Info:

Purchased from Dr Rod Crawford a few months ago and only used sparingly by me since.  I understand it is approx. 5 years old and Rod told me that he didn’t really use it that much in that time, so plenty of life in the valves.  Rod requested that a passive volume control be installed, however, it was designed as a power amplifier.  I took it to Elson to convert it back to what it was designed to be, a power amplifier. The below modifications were completed.

This is a beautifully designed valve power amplifier with liquid smooth performance.  I had it powering my Legend Kurre 9 bookshelf speakers and they sounded gorgeous.  With these speakers connected, the Cymer provides approximately 45 to 47 watts RMS and even with the relative inefficiency of the Kurre’s, at 84 dB, it was more than enough to extract wonderful detail and solid bass performance. 

I should add that this outperformed a Luxman L507-uX costing $8k! It did so quite easily too. 

As much as I’d love to keep it, I have other plans.

Modifications:
      1.     Passive volume control removed;
      2.     New Perspex front panel installed;
      3.     New higher quality RCA’s installed;
      4.     Plates above power transformers resprayed in black;
      5.     Bias adjusted

Thanks for looking.

Rod Crawford's original ad: