Sign in to follow this  
Kensell21

Sony TV opinions

That is cheapest I have seen it since the JB sale in December last year.

If you are happy to take a small punt, you can get a Sony OLED on their ebay store. Damaged box, but stated as fully checked and tested and with 12 month factory warranty. 20% off sale at the moment.

I picked up the KD65A8F 65" OLED for $2899 delivered. That's for a $5,999 rrp 2018 tv (although they were selling for less than that street price). For me, the sound (as my wife just wants to push a button.....) won out over the better interface of the LG C8. YMMV

Good Guys have 65" Sony X90F for $2120 plus delivery using discount code 15OFFTV. Cheapest I have seen it. So tempted!

So is this for a online sale purchase or from their stores?

7 minutes ago, Kensell21 said:

So is this for a online sale purchase or from their stores?

Probably both as they say on the website that you can pick up in store. 

I've just seen that Harvey Norman have it for the same price and it comes with a $100 fuel card.

Just bought the X90f 65” for $2155 delivered from The Good Guys! Happy with the price.

Yippee it’s arrived.. on a temporary stand waiting for a wall install..
Just need to bed the picture in. I’m thinking I’ll eventually get it calibrated.. My old Pana plasma is now seeing duties in the kitchen/family room where everybody now can see the scores! Finally... The picture is still Great on the plasma

@Kensell21 Let us know your impressions.

I am still watching a Panasonic plasma (about 6 years old) so am interested in your comparison between them.

Mine was so old that it only came with an analogue tuner. [emoji4]
Atm the plasma is the one. But I do expect (hope) that this will change.

1 hour ago, Whites said:

@Kensell21 Let us know your impressions.

I am still watching a Panasonic plasma (about 6 years old) so am interested in your comparison between them.

Ditto - legendary Panasonic Plasma v Quality Panasonic FALD LED LCD. Like to see that.

Just now, pc9 said:

Ditto - legendary Panasonic Plasma v Quality Panasonic FALD LED LCD. Like to see that.

Correction - Sony LCD LED.

I’m sitting patiently for the Master Series OLED to arrive here. 

Edited by Sime V2

I recently purchased the Sony A8F OLED (65 inch). It replaced a Panasonic 50" plasma which had an intermittent vertical  green line.

The main reasons I bought the Sony was because of the up-scaling ability, picture quality, the stand fitted on top of my centre speaker and price (recent 20% off at JB).

Thought I would just provide some feedback for others who are procrastinating about upgrading.

In summary:

• Picture is great straight out of the box, I adjusted the settings based on ratings.com/avs forum. Significantly better than my plasma, whites are white, there is an overall vibrancy and clarity that shocked me. 
  • blu-rays look fantastic
  • HD free to air looks really good
  • SD free to air is okay - not as bad as I thought it would be, seems to vary a bit.
  • the acoustic surface sound is surprisingly good

I definitely recommend upgrading to Sony OLED if you are thinking about it. Regarding the size, I sit 4m from the screen and to me it is just right. Of course going from a 50" to 65" still seems like a massive increase.

I bought it from a Sony store, they match price, have free delivery and also a 3 yr warranty. With the current Sony $300 eftpos card offer they give it to you at the Sony store, no applying online and waiting forever.

This is definitely an upgrade over my old plasma.

23 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

I viewed these at JB hi fi not so long ago. The best picture I've ever seen. One thing I don't like is the rear support. I would need to set mine up on the top shelf of my audio rack and that rear support won't allow for upright viewing...the TV slopes back from the viewer. Would you happen to know if Sony provides alternative stands to enable the TV to be in an upright position, instead of sloping back?

Yes, the particular Master series I’m talking about hasn’t arrived here yet. 

2 hours ago, Wiredin said:

Is this a new model. not available here....it has an upright stand:

@Wiredin That is the 2019 version of the A9F. I just bought the A8F, has a slight lean back, you actually don't notice it. I just went and had a look at mine to see if it did lean back. 

Edited by Whites
Corrected models.

7 minutes ago, Whites said:

@Wiredin That is the 2019 version of the A8F I just bought. The A8F has a slight lean back, you actually don't notice it. I just went and had a look at mine to see if it did lean back. 

The A8F didn’t have a lean back at all, thats the A1 that did that. 

6 minutes ago, Sime V2 said:

The A8F didn’t have a lean back at all, thats the A1 that did that. 

The lean back is very small, definitely not like the A1.

The sales person at the Sony store told me it would be July/August.

Not sure about the soundbar as I have a home theatre system. Based on my A8F the sound is surprisingly good for general viewing, lacks a bit of bass for my liking. The A9 series might have better sound, being the premium model.