Sign in to follow this  
Kensell21

Sony TV opinions

There's a 20% sale for today only at JB hifi..

any views on their 65" or maybe 75" LED models for their picture quality and reliability?

Anyone with opinions regarding what the poster was asking about? Eg actual picture quality, not other stuff you are better off using a dedicated device for?

3 hours ago, Kensell21 said:

There's a 20% sale for today only at JB hifi..

any views on their 65" or maybe 75" LED models for their picture quality and reliability?

IF I were in need right now (which I am not) id get either the sony or pana oled

I dont need a larger screen as have the projector so would just get a 55" but otherwise 65" for most folk would be plenty I imagine. keeps cost down too as getting up in telly size price starts getting a bit silly for the quality screens. 

rule of thumb for an LED/LDC, is if viewing angles are not an issue then go for TV with a VA (vertically aligned) panel; for better blacks and contrast.  

And personally, if not OLED, I'd say something with backlighting rather than edge. I don't ever want to have another TV with edge lighting...

At the moment I'm looking at the 65" X90f.

As it is with work, it's going be prettying tight getting to the store to try to make use of the sale. It might depend on the final price that it goes for if I can find that out before making the attempt to get there. I'm not going to be rash if I can't..

14 minutes ago, Kensell21 said:

At the moment I'm looking at the 65" X90f.

As it is with work, it's going be prettying tight getting to the store to try to make use of the sale. It might depend on the final price that it goes for if I can find that out before making the attempt to get there. I'm not going to be rash if I can't..

dont rush... the price on this stuff only drops :D sales will come again and so will new even better models...

Looks like the 65” X90f is at $2200.
Is that a good price?

great price for a very good full array backlit TV. 

Once you go OLED, there’s no going back. 

Excellent timing for this poster's question. What are peeps' views on Sony vs LG LED/LCD televisions? Picture and reliability are the most important things I look for - as most people. 

I'm looking at a 55inch but not the expensive series in either brand and am happy to wait for Xmas/boxing day sales. 

I have an LG OLED, but would take a  Sony LED over LG LED 9/10 times, Sony just make better LED TV’s IMO.

I would sy LG have sunk most of their Tech Dev into OLED and their LED range is an afterthought.

23 hours ago, Kensell21 said:

Looks like the 65” X90f is at $2200.
Is that a good price?

excellent, I think this is best price/performance FALD TV on the market

Fortunately or unfortunately I decided not to purchase at this stage. It would have been a impulsive due to time constraints..
Although part of this exercise was to research to find the best tv for my situation.. it looks like the Sony X90f will be on my list.

8 hours ago, Kensell21 said:

Sony X90f

Bloody good Tellys, I’ve still got my X900E, great unit. 

The price is now $2500.00 at JB, Good Guys and HN
All are saying it’s a Sony sale. Although JB throwing in free delivery but HN are doing that and and wall mounting.

Has anybody had a HN installation??

Not me personally, but I believe HN City Cross can look after you.

The price is now $2500.00 at JB, Good Guys and HN

All are saying it’s a Sony sale. Although JB throwing in free delivery but HN are doing that and and wall mounting.

Has anybody had a HN installation??

Hmm the HN free delivery and wall mounting doesn’t come with the wall mount!

So add $150 for one of those. Hmm

Maybe I’ll wait until they become a bit cheaper again.

ATM I can get one for $2360. Delivered!!!
Hmm should I wait for the Boxing Day sales???

Depends if you can wait , CES 2019 soon so new models being announced and as the year goes on there'll be more runout sales too 

Depends if you can wait , CES 2019 soon so new models being announced and as the year goes on there'll be more runout sales too 

Yes I understand Thanks. Also I’d be holding onto it for about three weeks until I’d have someone come in and wall mount it so it’ll be just sitting in it’s box!
Although I’d like to get one purchased early in the new year, preferably in January sometime.. Probably the next time will be what happens with the usual Boxing day sales (madness).

Good Guys have 65" Sony X90F for $2120 plus delivery using discount code 15OFFTV. Cheapest I have seen it. So tempted!