Audio Physic Sitara Woofer Issue

Hello, this is my first post. I have an issue with the lower woofer on one of my Audio Physic Sitara speakers. It sounds like its blown to me. The cone also looks like the black colour has washed out somewhat where the other woofer on this speaker and the two on the other speaker are all black?

The Amp i am using is a Marantz KI Pearl. 

I am based in Sydney's Northern Beaches. Does anyone have a good contact that will check and replace the woofer or maybe something else has been damaged.

Many thanks. 

Sam.

33 minutes ago, Bunno77 said:

Sydney HiFi

I called them today and the gave me the number of another company.. Hoeng or something.. called them no answer. I thought being sellers they would have been able to help.

52 minutes ago, Bunno77 said:

Sorry to hear mate.
That's surprising.
Guessing that's the number of the distributor. Maybe keep trying.

Thanks.. will do. 

They were helpful when i went in there a year or so ago so maybe I go face to face and try and sort it.

5 hours ago, Al.M said:

A google search indicates many speaker repairers locally so give them a try.

5 hours ago, Al.M said:

A google search indicates many speaker repairers locally so give them a try.

Thanks... very helpful. I was looking for recommendations from people with experience (Hi Fi enthusiasts) in having good quality speakers repaired. Specifically Audio Physic as i would like them repaired to a high standard given their original cost. I guess i should have made that clearer.

The speakers are early models and the importers have changed over the years. This means that a replacement  bass/mid speaker, which is the best way of achieving a high standard match, may be unavailable.  The next  choice , as already proposed , is to locate a repairer who can fix the  speaker to your expected standard. The fact that the cone is of a different colour, may be an indication that the faulty unit has been repaired or replaced before. If that is the case  , it may be wise to send the  speaker  together with a  good one, to your chosen workshop . This procedure allows the repair technician to measure the parameters ( T & S ) of the good speaker so that an exact match can be made. This is an essential step if say,  a replacement voice coil is required.

9 hours ago, VanArn said:

The speakers are early models and the importers have changed over the years. This means that a replacement  bass/mid speaker, which is the best way of achieving a high standard match, may be unavailable.  The next  choice , as already proposed , is to locate a repairer who can fix the  speaker to your expected standard. The fact that the cone is of a different colour, may be an indication that the faulty unit has been repaired or replaced before. If that is the case  , it may be wise to send the  speaker  together with a  good one, to your chosen workshop . This procedure allows the repair technician to measure the parameters ( T & S ) of the good speaker so that an exact match can be made. This is an essential step if say,  a replacement voice coil is required.

Thank you very much.

Also if you pull out the driver and look for a label it may have the make and model number that could be a direct off the shelf replacement from a standard driver maker like Scanspeak or Seas etc. If so order the driver from a supplier and DIY.

On the other hand it might be a customised driver that may not be a direct off the shelf replacement or the label has been taken off to stop the speaker being copied.

Edited by Al.M

• 4 months later...

Did you end up with a decent repair for your speakers? I'm curious as I have the same model purchased from Sydney HiFi about a year ago (they were discontinued around that time) so lack of service would be disappointing. The drivers are custom made to AP's design, and the lower woofer differs from the mid-woofer above it (the former has a shorter sleeve around the phase plug to allow for greater excursion) so AP or their supplier would be the only source I imagine.

Edited by Blaspheme
typo