Maybe a silly question?

How can I turn on my pre-amp / processor and have it turn on my amplifiers so I don't have to do it manually? Is that what 12V triggers are for or maybe the IR in/out? I have no idea 

Integra DHC 9.9>Yamaha RX-V1>Yamaha RX-V1

2 hours ago, shueardm1 said:

Maybe a silly question?

How can I turn on my pre-amp / processor and have it turn on my amplifiers so I don't have to do it manually? Is that what 12V triggers are for or maybe the IR in/out? I have no idea 

Integra DHC 9.9>Yamaha RX-V1>Yamaha RX-V1

yes what 12V triggers are for. usually hook up with 3.5mm mono cable to 3.5mono at other end into item you want to turn on.

no idea if your gear is capable. but the doc 9.9 be surprised if didnt have 12V triggers being a processor. most AVrs have them too :) just take a peek at back panel. and check manual :)

Thanks betty boop

the Yamahas have Remote In and Remote out  plus also a control in. So I don't know what the dif is.

The DHC 9.9 has IR in A & B and Out  plus 12V trigger A, B and C

A 3.5 mono cable hey, can I do damage if I do it wrong? 

3 minutes ago, shueardm1 said:

Thanks betty boop

the Yamahas have Remote In and Remote out  plus also a control in. So I don't know what the dif is.

The DHC 9.9 has IR in A & B and Out  plus 12V trigger A, B and C

A 3.5 mono cable hey, can I do damage if I do it wrong? 

will need to check the yamaha manual as to what requirements for the remote in and out are. 

in is send a signal to a device to switch on typically 

and out is typically to send a signal to turn something on when main device is switched on.

In the Yamaha manual the Remote In / out is for remote emitters and receivers , aka IR blasters. It does not look like its meant for normal power on / off.

The other option, the RS232C/Ctrl OUT +5V terminal has a description that says " expansion for commercial use, consult your dealer"

Not too hlpful

15 minutes ago, shueardm1 said:

In the Yamaha manual the Remote In / out is for remote emitters and receivers , aka IR blasters. It does not look like its meant for normal power on / off.

The other option, the RS232C/Ctrl OUT +5V terminal has a description that says " expansion for commercial use, consult your dealer"

Not too hlpful

why checking the manual is important as may not as such be a 12V trigger :)

even if 12V triggers in or out. most makers tend to specify what the triggers will deliver or need.

if not using triggers master and slave power boards have also been utilised for just this. ie power board where master device plugs in and when turned on ... all other devices on the slave ports then get power. 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/eco-solutions-6-way-master-slave-powerboard_p4331027

below seems a HUGE bargain ? was $39.99 now $5 :D not sure what the go there is but if need it ... grab it !!!

https://www.jaycar.com.au/master-slave-powerboard-with-auto-off/p/MS4080

2 minutes ago, shueardm1 said:

There must be a safety issue, " must not be sold in NSW "

Im in SA and no stock anyway

So I was hoping someone might have done this before, I appreciate your ideas, I'll just wait to see if anyone has actually done it.

:)

who knows, the jay car one is quite complex. but the bunnings one isnt restricted or anything :) I know people who have used master slave for years....

re your specific gear am not sure but I guess can hold out on the off chance someone has had experience with the exact same combo. but I wouldn't hold breath, as it would be an odd case to be trying to trigger AV receivers 2 of them ! off one av processor :)

24 minutes ago, shueardm1 said:

Hi mate ; rs 232 d sub connections are for hi end Crestron etc system control ; the rx v1 isn't as comprehensive as more modern yam pre pro's ' it has 

Yamaha has included separate IR inputs for each zone, a repeater output, an RS-232 interface, and a 5-volt trigger output.

You need the  5 volt trigger output for your power amp ; better ones and more modern pre's/avrs have a healthy 12v like a cxa5100 to make sure things switch reliably :winky: Like Al said make sure you don't overload any inputs :)

• 4 weeks later...

I had an earlier model Yamaha AVR that had a 5V trigger out, it worked fine triggering both a Rotel and Elektra Audio Power amp to turn on and off even though these amps were design to accept 12V input.

JDH

Edited by jdh500

On ‎1‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 9:52 AM, jdh500 said:

I had an earlier model Yamaha AVR that had a 5V trigger out, it worked fine triggering both a Rotel and Elektra Audio Power amp to turn on and off even though these amps were design to accept 12V input.

JDH

thanks. I need to go from the Integra though. 

I should just give it a try at least, I hope I can't damage it