Screen direction

Rumpus.PNG.f0be380435c7cbfee589a0d34d32edc6.PNG

Could you please give me some advice on which side the screen would be better.

This is going to be a dedicated Home Theatre and the size is 5M X 6M with a ceiling height of 2.7M. The house is under construction at the moment. I am getting a prewiring through the builder as this is going to be double storey and wiring later is difficult.

My preference is to have screen on 5M wall. I checked with Big Picutre people before and they advised on the wall close to the doors. So once you enter the room the screen is on your right. I am getting the wiring as per this. I am planning on 7.1.4 set up. The builder did the wiring. I am reconsidering if this is the right wall to have the screen on. The reason is it may limit the screen size than having the screen on the opposite wall. As I have doors opening into room I need to leave at least 0.8 M for door and in addition place for front speaker. However, if the screen is on the otherwall (where 15-24 window is) I can use the entire width for screen leaving space for my front speakers. Your views on this please. I have already bought Klipsch speakers and Yammy receiver at a very good price :)

It will be a fixed screen. I will somehow seal that window to put the screen, if I am going to change to that direction. I asked the builder to remove the window but he said no for some reasons he explained.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s still a 5m wall people ... allowing for the door and equi-distant from the other side you’ve got 3m width for the screen.

albiet if floor standing speakers etc and not behind the screen then yes could get limiting.

any option to move the door a bit away from the screen wall?

if doing multi-tier then other things to consider.

my new room is similar slightly smaller, 5.8m x 4.7m.  I am electing for screen along the 5.8m wall and a single row of 6 seats.

Guest Peter the Greek

I'd move that door to at least 1m to the "north" gives you flexibility to mount on either wall.

If it were me, I'd wall over that window after the builder has gone. Then I'd put an AT screen in on the south wall, having moved that door

you have not told us the seating situation.. the projector you are using. if it is a dedicated HT room you wont need a window so there is the option to cover it as suggested.

having a 3m space for the screen should give you 130" cinemascope or 137" 16:9. what size screen were you hoping for?

i think a "clean" wall area even as large as 5m gives you options so i cant see why the door should remain where it is, open inwards or the screen be put on the wall with the door in the original position, something should be changed.