Marc

IS GOOGLE’S HOME HUB THE BEST SMART DISPLAY AROUND?

Admin
58 minutes ago, Musician said:

What about Alexa?

My home is Alexa integrated.

Mine too. I''m using the latest Echo Show - no complaints.

2 hours ago, Musician said:

What about Alexa?

My home is Alexa integrated.

That is probably the biggest issue with all this smart home stuff, you have to make a decision when you first start on either google or amazon and then you are locked in to it.

Then you slowly start building it and before you know you have too many wifi devices going and then you need to ditch it all and go to ziggee or z wave. 

Got this for the wife for Christmas, she loves it, I love it. I think it’s a real Sonos killer, great audio plus a nice screen and don’t need a device to control it.

1D36539C-020D-452B-A280-0610F65F1FF0.jpeg

Admin

As an invested Alexa consumer, I was so disappointed to see JBL cuddle up to Google. :(

I guess they have to choose one or the other though. Alexa clearly has majority market share however from what I can tell.

Yeah not ideal how you have to pick sides and then stick with it. Google has some great products and amazon does as well.

Since this is the topic is about google home hub, I have 2 off and they are pretty rubbish, the audio is terrible and can’t use as touch screen so it is really just a glorified digital clock.

Posted (edited)

I bought the missus the Lenovo Smart display for the kitchen, its great. The SQ is way better than the Google Home Hub, it works a treat with my other smart devices.

Slightly off topic: I've managed to get the Sonos working with Google assistant by using IFTTT. Although the functions are very basic, good enough for me 👍

lenovo_google_assistant_smart_display_8.jpg

Edited by dolphy
Forgot to add photo

Yes well done. The Lenovo has the better screen but the jbl better audio hence why I selfishly went for this. I group the JBL plus the google home in a group and it sound pretty darn good

I also have the JBL. I love it, the wife loves it and my kids love it.

Can stream roon to it, almost with cover art( it drops out, I’m sure a update will fix..)

I can watch YouTube and Stan.

When it’s in standby it’s a digital photo frame using my photos from google photos.

I can video call to and from it.

And last but not least it sounds great. Especially when I’m lazy and just ask google for some music..

Posted (edited)

I have the Home Hub, just used if for alarms and lighting control. I’d never use any of the “hubs” for music, I have a stereo pair of Homepods for that task when it’s system off day. 

Edited by Sime V2

As noted in many places the google home hub is the worst for music, it is the same speaker as the google mini.