Marc

IS GOOGLE’S HOME HUB THE BEST SMART DISPLAY AROUND?

Admin

Forget smart speakers for a second, because smart displays are shaping up as the next big battleground area for tech giants’ attempts to get inside your home.

View the full article

1 hour ago, Marc said:

tech giants’ attempts to get inside your home.

precisely, having a microphone is not enough for them, they need a camera inside your home too now...

27 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

precisely, having a microphone is not enough for them, they need a camera inside your home too now...

a lot of them had one already with their tv's/////

This being an audio site, Google's home Hub is probably the worst one. The JBL Link View is far better.

This being an audio site, Google's home Hub is probably the worst one. The JBL Link View is far better.

In what way?

8 hours ago, unclemack said:

In what way?

I was speaking from strictly an audio point of view where the JBL has no competition, just a look at the specs will reveal this. 

This conclusion to a review sums it perfectly and just like the media player market there is no one perfect product, they all have their own strengths..

If you’re in the market for a Smart Display and have a heck of a lot of devices you want to control, then arguably the Google Home Hub is the best option. Of course, it works exactly like the standard Google Home and Home Mini, but the addition of the display makes it a great purchase. I personally love the design, which for me is one of the key reasons I opted to pick one up, with the major bonuses being Home View and its overall tiny footprint.

For anyone wanting a speaker-first Smart Display, then clearly, the JBL Link View is the outright best Google Assistant-powered Smart Display on the market. The overall sound profile alone is so much better than anything else available.

If display size is your main factor, then you’d be a fool not to opt for the Lenovo Smart Display, having the largest screen size by some margin. The 10-inch screen makes it so much better for watching YouTube videos and general interactions, but it’s letdown somewhat by the devices single speaker system.

But I think the Home Hub has the best of all worlds at the best price. The Google Home Hub currently retails for $149 directly from the Google store. You can get the Home Hub and several compatible smart devices for use with the Smart Display for less than the cost of admission of the other aforementioned options.

15 hours ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

they need a camera inside your home too now...

They actually do as you can make video calls on them.

Edited by powerav